Page 319 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 299309314315316317318319320321322323324329339 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    When I was very young my older brother used to own a few G1 toys but they were sold in a garage sale long before I got back into TFs (now I think it was a HUGE mistake to sell those toys) - I was thinking of getting into collecting G1 toys; particularly the ones we used to have when we were younger. We had quite a few Micromasters back then (which I think I might start off collecting 1st and might try to get them all) - are they worth collecting now? TOo expensive? Rare?
    Micromaster wise, I'd say depending on the figure/team that they're not terribly rare at all - but like all of G1 there are those that are rare and fetch quite a hefty sum.
    Such examples are the Micromaster Missile Carrier Transport and the original Japanese releases of Sixliner, Sixtrain, Sixbuilder, Sixturbo and Sixwing.
    They're just a couple but have a look on ebay, there is no shortage of some MOSC teams - such as the Hot Rod Patrol, Monster Truck Patrol and Military Patrols.

They are quite cool and have some great accessories as a lot have some sort of base or base mode, check them out here.

When I was very young my older brother used to own a few G1 toys but they were sold in a garage sale long before I got back into TFs (now I think it was a HUGE mistake to sell those toys) - I was thinking of getting into collecting G1 toys; particularly the ones we used to have when we were younger. We had quite a few Micromasters back then (which I think I might start off collecting 1st and might try to get them all) - are they worth collecting now? TOo expensive? Rare?
    Some patrols are quite rare in the sense of being complete, e.g Roadburner - always missing his cherry picker part or misslemaster always with out the missle and launcher part - also quite on the pricy side. Apart from those most of em are quite easy now to get - by lot even.

As for the ones which come with playsets - transforming bases, the Decepticon Anti aircraft tank/station can be quite hard to find, as well the Autobot fuel tanker/dual defense pods.... but with some patience and a bit of piecemeal purchasing these can be done and completed. Best of Luck Skywarp91.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    But the smaller size restictions leaves us with no other choice now with over-sized toys/items.
    Wow.. if it wasn't hard enough to import a brave/fort max already.

MMs are not terribly rare, nor expensive, generally.

Like Hursti and liege mentioned, there are some expensive ones, but the majority are pretty easy to come by.

I agree with them that the Transports are expensive - Missile Launcher, Cannon Transport, Tanker Transport. Battlefield Headquarters is also pretty difficult to get complete.

The combiners, "squads" are quite expensive MOSC, arn US$90 thereabouts and about $30+ to $50 loose and yes, Missile Master is almost always missing the damn missile.

On the Japanese side, obviously all the gestalts are not cheap - usually around US$250 MIB. Don't see much of these loose. There is the reissue option with these though.

Then there are the rare Japanese recolours that are very expensive - eg recolour of Sky Hopper, Groundshaker. Individual releases like Rabbicrater (came with the Zone video tape).

And if you really want to complete the MMs, you'll need all those that only came with the main Zone figures (eg: Metrobomb, who only came with Metrotitan; the MMs that came with Grandus, Sky Garry, Dai Atlas, Sonic Bomber and Road Fire the latter 5 are all distinct new molds and not recolours of anything).

Let the hunting begin!
    Last edited by heroic_decepticon; 13th November 2010 at 03:29 PM. Reason: links

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post

Like Hursti and liege mentioned, there are some expensive ones, but the majority are pretty easy to come by.

I agree with them that the Transports are expensive - Missile Launcher, Cannon Transport, Tanker Transport. Battlefield Headquarters is also pretty difficult to get complete.

The combiners, "squads" are quite expensive MOSC, arn US$90 thereabouts and about $30+ to $50 loose and yes, Missile Master is almost always missing the damn missile.

On the Japanese side, obviously all the gestalts are not cheap - usually around US$250 MIB. Don't see much of these loose. There is the reissue option with these though.

Then there are the rare Japanese recolours that are very expensive - eg recolour of Sky Hopper, Groundshaker. Individual releases like Rabbicrater (came with the Zone video tape).

And if you really want to complete the MMs, you'll need all those that only came with the main Zone figures (eg: Metrobomb, who only came with Metrotitan; the MMs that came with Grandus, Sky Garry, Dai Atlas, Sonic Bomber and Road Fire the latter 5 are all distinct new molds and not recolours of anything).

Let the hunting begin!
    I'll think I'll start off with the cheaper, easier to find ones first

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post

Let the hunting begin!
    These were reissued? How much do the reissues go for? and how big are these micromaster gestalts? How many cm?

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    These were reissued? How much do the reissues go for? and how big are these micromaster gestalts? How many cm?
    There here and here will give you a pretty good idea of size. Only Sixwing is vintage, the other MM combiners are reissues. I got each set for about AU$50.

Hey guys, I managed to sort out shipping for Fortress Maximus. It appears USPS size restrictions are capped at 60cm? length, so any box dimensions under this should be ok. The seller reckons Fort Max (laid down in robot mode) has about an inch of space around him in the cardboard shipping box

I'll eventually upgrade to a complete boxed one in due time, but I'd at least like to have a loose one for display for now; so all the info was damn helpful, cheers all for throwing in your two cents

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    Hey guys, I managed to sort out shipping for Fortress Maximus. It appears USPS size restrictions are capped at 60cm? length, so any box dimensions under this should be ok. The seller reckons Fort Max (laid down in robot mode) has about an inch of space around him in the cardboard shipping box

I'll eventually upgrade to a complete boxed one in due time, but I'd at least like to have a loose one for display for now; so all the info was damn helpful, cheers all for throwing in your two cents
    Congrats Whoopy!
    I'm glad to see some positives came out of this.

Why are TF boxes, particularly for the newer toys so BIG? On occasion the figures only take up 1/3 the space of the box (Animated Voyager Prime etc) Is there any economic benefit to taking up so much space or something?