Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
So these were released in Australia?, wow

do you have any carded ones in your collection these days, really appreciate any pictures.

it looks like the little black sticker (asia variant sticker) on the top right corner has been removed for most of these on sale,wonder if it was standard for this release
I should have added, that ours didn't have the Chinese writing sticker on them... and I don't have any of the packaging from back then.
I remember that they weren't around for very long, and I think were only at Toyworld and ToysRUs.

TFwiki says that the Gold Box Classics were produced in 1990-1991 (which is why they were included in the UK comics during that time), but I just can't recall them getting here until at least late 1992.
Cliffbee's listing also has European dates listed for the Gold Box Classics, but might just be their production dates, not Australian release dates?

Dates that I know are true, thanks to moving around a lot in the early 90s, so can recall what stores/suburbs I bought certain figures...
Early 1992 - the nearby Toyworld was only stocking European Actionmasters, because it was the once chance I had to get to a toystore and afford a new TFs toy before we moved in the middle of the year, I was forced to buy AM Circuit, as it was the best looking one in their small selection.
Mid 1992 - I had moved in July, which allowed me to check a major shopping centre after school, and I found the Gen1 boxed figures, that weren't there when I was first checking out those stores.
End of 1992 - I had moved again in November, which allowed me to go through the CBD that year. I remember the Myer CBD store getting in the Combiners and not being able to afford all of the Combaticons, which they were short on and sold out before I could afford them.
1993 - my acquisitions list has a number of the gold-box figures being bought during this year.

I also have some old store sale catalogues from the 90s, which aren't a good indicator of release dates though, as some stores have items listed on clearance, many months after its release.
September 1992 - Kmart - Euro Turbomasters & Predators ($13), and Motorvators (in Classics Gold boxes).
June 1993 - Kmart - Euro Aquaspeeders & Stormtroopers ($15).
October 1993 - TRU - Cyclonus, Ramjet, Starscream (could be Gen1 box versions due to Cyclonus being there, and being a lot cheaper than Gold Box versions). ($12)
November 1993 - TRU - UK Obliterator ($35), Trakkons ($20), Skyscorchers & Accelerators ($7).
November 1993 - Kmart - Gen2 Dinobots ($30), Jets (Ramjet/Starscream) ($33) & Tank Megatron ($60).
May 1994 - TRU - Gen2 Aerialbots ($9), Silverbolt ($35), Rotor Force ($12), Laser Rods ($18).
June 1994 - Toyworld - UK Constructicons (non-combining yellow) ($10).
June 1994 - Toyworld - My First Transformers (reissue) ($20), UK Predators & Turbomasters ($15)
September 1994 - Toyworld - Classics Aerialbots & Protectobots ($10), UK Constructicons ($8).
October 1994 - TRU - Tank Megatron ($20). (must have been a discount from Hasbro at that price)
October 1994 - Toyworld - Sparkabots ($10). (should be the UK Gen2 Sparkabots at that price and Name, but LaserRods were pictured - probably in error).
November 1994 - Toyworld - My First Transformers (reissue) ($22)
November 1994 - TRU - Tank Megatron ($20), Rotorforce ($12), LaserRod ($16)

The ones I remember seeing or buying around the middle of 1992 in the Gen1 packaging were - Starscream, Ramjet, Cyclonus, Blaster, Soundwave/Buzzsaw, Bumblebee, Hubcap, Beachcomber and Seaspray... and I'm sure Optimus as well since it is on my acquisitions list in that batch, but now am not 100% confident.
I know that it was the Gen1 boxed figures that brought me back into collecting in mid 1992, but not the Gold boxes.

(well that was a fun trip down memory lane.)