Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5-page preview of IDW's Robot Heroes comic.

Default 5-page preview of IDW's Robot Heroes comic.

This is aimed at the younger agegroup, and isn't meant to be part of any pre-existing universe, as you will see in this preview. Not sure why they included Arcee, as it doesn't make sense to have the Autobots arrive on earth and take up earth modes, with Arcee being the only one keeping a Cybertronian mode.
    http://issuu.com/ryall/docs/tf_iamop

Arcee I am happy to have, so that the book can have it's token "female".

Drift is the character who I have a problem with, Sideswipe or Ironhide would have been better choices, heck someone who had no airtime in the original cartoon like Skids would even be a better pick than IDW's latest fanmade craze that they are trying far too hard to make us like.

Other than that, I love the art style, the fonts are easy to read, particularly for younger eyes, the colour work is spot on, and the back to basics story is perfect as an introduction into the convoluted world of Transformers, especially for those who may know nothing but the movie-verse characters and story.

Will be picking this up, possibly a few copies to give away as presents.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Damn, I didn't even notice him. Yeah, that's a bit weird. Kinda selfish in a way, to feature a character that isn't even a RH figurine, or Gen1, like all the other characters.

Kinda reminds me of Transformers Go-Bots, only without any action.

Continuity error...
    "We land in darkness and hide our ship deep underwater." -- in the next page you see the ship buried in the side of a mountain (volcano?) as the Autobots transform and roll out.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Kinda reminds me of Transformers Go-Bots, only without any action.

Continuity error...
    "We land in darkness and hide our ship deep underwater." -- in the next page you see the ship buried in the side of a mountain (volcano?) as the Autobots transform and roll out.
    I saw that too.

Maybe they have a tunnel from the mountain that leads to the bottom of the lake?

Why Drift??

I am sick and tired of IDW trying to push this character down people's throats. He debuted and got negative response - Deal with it!

At least George Lucas knew to tone down Jar Jar after the initial backlash even if he still persisted on keeping him around.

I can't believe that they seriously put Poochie in this thing. Does IDW get appearance royalties every single time Drift turns up, or something?

Was kind of enjoying the simplicity until Drift showed up. As much as I am for new characters entering the continuity as long as they are justified, this just seems a lame attempt to get kiddies to acknowledge the character and the GeeeWunner in me SAYS ITS WRONG DAMMIT!

SGB is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Love the artwork. Simplistic, yet still eye-catching.

lol @ Drift, acting like hes been there from the start of transformers...

Looking forward to Drift slashing up them Decepticons!