Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Homework Help!

benben2142 Guest

Default Homework Help!

Hey guys I need some help with this assignment. They said I had to do it on Tomas Edison on the light bulb and it asks you on why it was made and how it works, if anybody has some time can you give me some useful links?

Thomas Alva Edison eh? Go to your school or local library links are not to be trusted, like people on the internet

Here's a useful link:

www.google.com.au

also, it's Thomas Edison - that might get you better results.
    If you have any further problems, ask your teacher!

wikipedia is REALLY reliable (p.s i would avoid using wiki as a reference.....)

just google it..
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

I tell my students that if they ever use wikipedia as a source, to also back it up with two other independent sources. (-_-)

But yeah, I would also very strongly recommend avoiding wikipedia.
    Try a library.

google is your friend, benben... so are wikis... and if you don't know how to use them, there's always your trusty local libraries

In other words, don't ask other people to do your homework for you. Part of the process of the assignment is seeing if you can do it all yourself, including the research as well as the writing up and submission. Your grading may reflect the submitted piece, but the entire process is your assignment, not just the final submission.
    If you don't learn how to do a project yourself, you will have greater problems later in life when you really do need to tackle something on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I tell my students that if they ever use wikipedia as a source, to also back it up with two other independent sources. (-_-)

But yeah, I would also very strongly recommend avoiding wikipedia.
    Try a library.
    Certain courses at UWS allow you to use Wikipedia as a secondary resource, it's a bad precedent.

A decent local council library should have plenty of information on Edison, he is among the least obscure inventors.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I believe there is an accurate portrayal of Edison and his work on an episode of Family Guy

:lol I was actually looking for that link on youtube when you said this. That was a classic

"HEY HOW DO YOU THINK I FEEL? I GOTTA SIT OVER HERE AND LOOK AT THAT DARK THING!"