Page 194 of 481 FirstFirst ... 174184189190191192193194195196197198199204214 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Can't even get a job at a place I used to work at (left on good terms ) and getting the copy and paste rejection emails ..

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Stoopid rassen frassen house and the stoopid rassen frassen builders.. with all there promishes and all their assurances and all theirs Guarentees that the house will be ready with more then enough time before my wedding to do a few post construction things (like carpet, tiles, driveway, wardrobe fit out and blinds) to day they reach the lovely number of 50 day pas the contracted completion date and they still cannot give us a date for handover...

11 days till i get married and have no where to live!!

Stupid Metricon
    What stage is the home at currently, what trade just finished and when did your slab go down?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Sharky sounds like he has a case that could make good headlines in A Current Affairs, Today Tonight etc.
    We don't need to give those small minded, waste of time, moronic, stupid, trash advertisements more stories. They can make them up on their own. I really wish people would stop watching those fictional shows so they can just go away.

If you want to take your case somewhere, take it to actual authorities.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    We don't need to give those small minded, waste of time, moronic, stupid, trash advertisements more stories. They can make them up on their own. I really wish people would stop watching those fictional shows so they can just go away.

If you want to take your case somewhere, take it to actual authorities.
    Yes because that worked so well when thousands of PS3 owners in the country (including myself) got screwed over by Sony. That's not even going int a little publicised scandal involving the ACCC head and Woolies involving a buyout of Franklins.

What was the difference there? Media spotlight wasn't shone on those issues so noone knew about them.

The reality is that politicians only care about public opinion and re-election. Said same politicians are the ones who hire and fire the senior bureaucrats who oversee the "actual authorities" in this country.

It reminds me of what someone once said during the Howard era- "John Howard doesn't run this country; Kerry Packer does".

Facebook just disabled my 'personal' account for using a false name. I'm so not scanning an official document for 'em to reactivate it.
    So long, Stalkbook!

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Yes because that worked so well when thousands of PS3 owners in the country (including myself) got screwed over by Sony. That's not even going int a little publicised scandal involving the ACCC head and Woolies involving a buyout of Franklins.

What was the difference there? Media spotlight wasn't shone on those issues so noone knew about them.

The reality is that politicians only care about public opinion and re-election. Said same politicians are the ones who hire and fire the senior bureaucrats who oversee the "actual authorities" in this country.

It reminds me of what someone once said during the Howard era- "John Howard doesn't run this country; Kerry Packer does".
    Yeah but that doesn't change the fact that ACA and TT are trash that have shown time and time again that they don't let the facts get in the way of a "good story"
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Yeah but that doesn't change the fact that ACA and TT are trash that have shown time and time again that they don't let the facts get in the way of a "good story"
    Totally agree and that's why I refuse to watch either show; they're both full of crap and I'm highly disappointed in ACA as it was a show that I held in great esteem when I was in my early teens; They lost all credibility when the likes of Ray Martin and Jana Wendt left and it is such a tragedy when Journos like George Negus try to report actual Current Affairs with some actual integrity and fact, end up having their shows cancelled due to the idiotic masses preferring bent consumer guides and bollox celebrity gossip.

Hence, if I want 'entertaining' news I'll watch Network 10's The Project otherwise, I get all my news from the ABC; Their reporting is way less biased, they cover more than just the 'Top Stories' as well as having excellent shows like Media Watch, Q&A, 7:30 Report and 4 Corners - SBS also does a far superior job of reporting foreign news and it's Insight program is always an excellent watch.

I also prefer ABC for it's airing of Question Time from both houses of Parliament, it eliminates all of the skewing spin you get from the Commercial channels.

I'm personally tired of the commercial Networks, especially Networks 9 and 7, pandering to the big end of town and executing biased agendas -Case in point is the revelation that Fortescue Group hasn't been paying company tax ever! and the absolute burying of this fact/story procured out of a recent Government Committee hearing by said networks.

I think people also forget if you go to a TT, ACA and 60 min. but everything is within the legal limits of a contract and the other party hasn't done anything wrong in the laws eyes you may be sued yourself for defamation and all that jazz :P

anyway I'm pissed off I'm not at Minecon!

bowspearer Guest

Definitely, just pointing out that these days the media seems to have more influence than bureaucracy, and that bureaucracy tends to be either useless or at best compromised these days.

On a separate topic, "keyboard courage" seriously ticks me off. I'd love to stare down the trolls you encounter on here (meaning the internet in general) and take them on when they haven't got a computer screen to hide behind. I suspect their acting in the worst way possible online would very quickly go out the window in that situation.

Why the hell do people not say Excuse me or Pardon me at the shops before they rub against you as they move at the shops its bloody annoying