Page 238 of 481 FirstFirst ... 218228233234235236237238239240241242243248258 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

PS3 YLOD AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! I had just sat down for the night and was settling in a nice round of escalation when BAM!

I only fixed this a few months ago and had just gave some advice to a fellow board member on how to fix it.

I have another go on the weekend. This time using MAXIMUM heat.

I am not impressed
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    PS3 YLOD AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! I had just sat down for the night and was settling in a nice round of escalation when BAM!

I only fixed this a few months ago and had just gave some advice to a fellow board member on how to fix it.

I am not impressed
    Man that sucks, my ps3 had ylod last month due to L.A. Noire auto-death for any original ps3, there goes my 60GB with backwards play etc, my friend fixed it though, so i quickly copied all the save data, but just opted to buy a new ps3 slim, (THEY ARE UGLY). Goodluck with whatever you decide to do with it, just get you SAVES BACKEDUP

I am not impressed
    Damnit! Flame the crap outta that thing bro - My heat gun was so hot I could see the orange from the nozzle reflecting off the board. Smoke was coming out of the gun too which was pretty badass.

Mind you, as my gun was running on max (600C), I only flamed the 4 main areas on the back and front for 15 seconds each (flipped the board after 15 minutes of doing the first side). Waited 30 mins before throwing it all back together. Oh and you prob already know this but make sure you take off the rubber protector thingies on the board underside before embarking on mission: Maximum Flamage.

I am not impressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    Man that sucks, my ps3 had ylod last month due to L.A. Noire auto-death for any original ps3, there goes my 60GB with backwards play etc, my friend fixed it though, so i quickly copied all the save data, but just opted to buy a new ps3 slim, (THEY ARE UGLY). Goodluck with whatever you decide to do with it, just get you SAVES BACKEDUP
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Damnit! Flame the crap outta that thing bro - My heat gun was so hot I could see the orange from the nozzle reflecting off the board. Smoke was coming out of the gun too which was pretty badass.

Mind you, as my gun was running on max (600C), I only flamed the 4 main areas on the back and front for 15 seconds each (flipped the board after 15 minutes of doing the first side). Waited 30 mins before throwing it all back together. Oh and you prob already know this but make sure you take off the rubber protector thingies on the board underside before embarking on mission: Maximum Flamage.
    Sorry to hear you guys have had so much bad luck with your respective consoles , as yours are the 1st cases I've read/heard about; My brother has had his Original Aus release PS3 for what seems like forever & never once has it missed a beat.

Normally it's Xboxes that people are building walls out of.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Sorry to hear you guys have had so much bad luck with your respective consoles , as yours are the 1st cases I've read/heard about; My brother has had his Original Aus release PS3 for what seems like forever & never once has it missed a beat.

Normally it's Xboxes that people are building walls out of.
    Haha, I've not yet lost a soldier in battle. Granted, I've had to revive front line trooper Dreamcast several times (he passes out from heat exhaustion at times bless him) and lance corporal PS3 has been taking the piss of late, but other than that we're winning the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Haha, I've not yet lost a soldier in battle. Granted, I've had to revive front line trooper Dreamcast several times (he passes out from heat exhaustion at times bless him) and lance corporal PS3 has been taking the piss of late, but other than that we're winning the war.
    I really love the way you look at things dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I really love the way you look at things dude.
    Haha, cheers Hursti!

Coolgardie WA, but Townsville (the last 15 years)

my ps2 power supply is loose i can't think of the games we will loose when he finally goes. i better get my ass down to cash converters to get another one... but its just not the same. our ps2 is about 10 yr old. (alex is 7). its like i have 2 sick kids right now! One will fall.....

You could take it to an electrician to see if they can fix it. I got my PS1 from Japan, and my ignorant brother went and plugged it straight into an Australian powerpoint and fried the capacitor. He then took it to an electrician who had it fixed (and also installed a chip so it could play PAL games ). I've heard that the early generation PS3s could play PS2 games -- so if that's true maybe you can try to hunt down one of those.

Coolgardie WA, but Townsville (the last 15 years)

those suckers went in the first shipping run!