Page 245 of 481 FirstFirst ... 225235240241242243244245246247248249250255265 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

wow, I've never had to deal with debt collection. usually if I get mail turn up I RTS for a couple months, then it goes in the bin after that, I figure if they don't care enough after goodness knows how long (one place my flat mate had been in for 4 years before I joined him and we were getiting mail that he didn't recognise the names on) they probably won't miss the random letter from random place they didn't bother changing their address with.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

We got some incorrectly addressed mail once, and my wife wrote "RTS" on it. My daughter asked us what RTS stood for, and my wife and I replied at the same time - only she said "Return To Sender" while I said "Reveal The Shield"...

Used to write RTS, now it's undeliverable. I will try Not at this address Hope that works.
    Last edited by jazzcomp; 22nd September 2012 at 05:31 PM.

"Not at this address" is usually the best one, as it is easy to understand and should remove your address from that mailing list/database... as it gives a reason why it is being returned. "Return to Sender" can be a bit too vague, as it could also mean that the person is there, but doesn't want to accept that particular item of mail.

Writing "not at this address" is so affective, if you did that on any letters from the AEC, it used to be a way to get off the electoral roll (because they can't keep a person on the roll if their details can not be verified), but not sure if it works anymore (since it is illegal not to be registered to vote*, and they cross-check your details with other federal databases now).

*I'm not a fan of Compulsory Voting if it is being abused as a mere revenue-raiser for the major parties (who earn $3-4 per vote, both Senate & Reps, reaping in millions with each election), disguised as a "have your say" concept, as if we have a choice. Voting should be free, so that they earn our support, instead of just earning our money. Then there would be some merit in being Compulsory, as a (free) civic duty.
    (I only recently realised that we are just one out of 10 countries, out of about 200 in the whole world, that have enforced compulsory voting. I would have thought there were more than that.)

Coolgardie WA, but Townsville (the last 15 years)

Hello.
    Why does no one want to meet this little Maximal scout and its Autobot Decepticon family, with other distant tf scout friends? Not like I'm scary, and the little protoform is well mannered, and the bigger 'protoform' is a bit easily frustrated sometimes, but doesn't bite neither. Am I missing something, some secret tf code somewhere? I've been going outta my way to get meet going with no easy time or cost at my end and, waiting till the last possible minute to leave and using taxis to get me to places in order to meet people. Not a word or sms, or even a 'sorry i'm busy', even a pm. Like, people say they want to meet new fans and see others collections, but i've not seen this yet. Can't even get a hold of Jhiaxus!
    Sad little Maximal is sad. (and pissed)

Maybe they're legit busy, or too occupied to respond. It takes much effort to gather where I'm situated and it's only done rarely throughout the year.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Maybe they're legit busy, or too occupied to respond. It takes much effort to gather where I'm situated and it's only done rarely throughout the year.
    Yeh, I would agree with this as well. I try and meet up with the local gang as often as we can, but even then that is about once every couple of months. Then on top of that someone might be missing.

Life is busy for some people and even though they might want to meet, they just can't sometimes. Don't take it personally.

Easiest would be to meet at toy fair or some expo or convention.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukitora View Post
    Hello.
    Why does no one want to meet this little Maximal scout and its Autobot Decepticon family, with other distant tf scout friends? Not like I'm scary, and the little protoform is well mannered, and the bigger 'protoform' is a bit easily frustrated sometimes, but doesn't bite neither. Am I missing something, some secret tf code somewhere? I've been going outta my way to get meet going with no easy time or cost at my end and, waiting till the last possible minute to leave and using taxis to get me to places in order to meet people. Not a word or sms, or even a 'sorry i'm busy', even a pm. Like, people say they want to meet new fans and see others collections, but i've not seen this yet. Can't even get a hold of Jhiaxus!
    Sad little Maximal is sad. (and pissed)
    It's not anything against you. If you lived in a more populated area of members, you'd have better luck, but even then, you might need to wait for a convention or collector fair. Just see the sort of meets and frequencies of them in the meets section, and it isn't about any one person... 9 times out of 10 it is a meet at a pre-existing event.
    It may not be easy or affordable, but if you are really wanting to meet up with a group of fans, consider traveling to a Parra Fair or Nexus fair (since your location says you are in "Coolgardie", so Nexus in Perth would be closest to you).
    In the past I've flown to a few collectors fairs and conventions just to meet up with other fans, because at the time it was difficult getting more than 2 people to show up to a Brisbane meet.
    But now I, like most others our (older) age, am usually too busy with other things to be able to go to meets... so don't be thinking people are avoiding you.
    Also consider that you aren't a frequent poster here, so those who may have time free to meet up, may not know you well enough to feel comfortable meeting a stranger. (again, if this is a factor here, it is nothing personal to you - and we can't expect you to interact here more if you don't have the spare time for it... just like we can't expect people to meet up if they don't have the spare time for it either).

So basically, if you are keen to meet up and aren't in an area that has much interest or members, investigate the option of traveling (if you have the time or finances for it).

Quote Originally Posted by Yukitora View Post
    Hello.
    I've been going outta my way to get meet going with no easy time or cost at my end and, waiting till the last possible minute to leave and using taxis to get me to places in order to meet people. Not a word or sms, or even a 'sorry i'm busy', even a pm.

If you have agreed on a meet & the party/ies do not send a text or anything then that is disgraceful. I am reading this as you arranged to meet at X & no one shows of course & you have gone there.