Page 252 of 481 FirstFirst ... 232242247248249250251252253254255256257262272 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron-SG1 View Post
    Ah, good to know! At least you got yours working in the end.
    Stoopid unnecessary Region Coding...
    Indeed, cheers.
    It's stupid if the set/disc isn't going to be produced in other markets, it's in these cases that the product should be made 'Region Free' like many Documentary DVDs are.
    (At least my Skeleton Warriors Boxset had that foresight )

Thought you could d/l youtube videos couple of years ago from the site itself??

Bloody region coding!!!!!!

My TomTom wont pick up a gps signal?!!! Its in the same spot as it was before and could recieve it then.

Coolgardie WA, but Townsville (the last 15 years)

Default hide n seek(er)

I can't find my Cybertron Jetfire....
    Little sh-t.
    I found Kup though... haven't seen that one in ages... And Hot-shot who's been missing for about 4 years... wtf. Just pop up when i don't want you.
    My toys are going out on missions i reckon.
    Found Unicron too! Don't know how i lost that one!
    Danm it Jetfire, hey JETFIRE. HEY!
    CALLING JETFIRE!!!
    Last edited by griffin; 22nd October 2012 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukitora View Post
    I can't find my Cybertron Jetfire....
    Little sh-t.
    I found Kup though... haven't seen that one in ages... And Hot-shot who's been missing for about 4 years... wtf. Just pop up when i don't want you.
    My toys are going out on missions i reckon.
    Found Unicron too! Don't know how i lost that one!
    Danm it Jetfire, hey JETFIRE. HEY!
    CALLING JETFIRE!!!
    Maybe Unicron has something to do with the disappearance of Jetfire...

Remember though, Jetfire can reach space with his jetpack. He might be gone for a while, or stuck in ice! Better see if Starscream can find him!

Well after all the postings Ive done over the years, the masking tape finally ran out yesturday. Bought some more today, good thing I didnt buy the rope I needed aswell lol tape and rope..???

Hursticon: what model is your DVD player? (not your PC player, the one that's hooked up to your TV) Because you can find remote control codes to unlock or change the region code setting on your DVD player -- unless it's a Sony, because they're hardwired to Region 4.

If you can't find the region unlock code for your player, call the retailer where you purchased your DVD player for and ask them to give it to you. As I understand it, by law they must provide it if a customer asks. Years ago I bought a TEAC DVD player from Dick Smiths -- I couldn't find the region unlock code, so I went to the store and asked them, they printed it out for me. You can also contact the manufacturer (I contacted Soniq once and they provided me with the unlock code).

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/dvd-unlock
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks
    http://www.dvddemystifiziert.de/code.../codefree.html
    http://gaurang.org/pub/dvd_player.pdf

Ironically you'll find that the cheap budget DVD players are easier to unlock than the more expensive ones. I guess maybe cos companies like Sony also own DVD labels that they want to protect, whereas no-name brands may not care about that. <shrug> I have a $25 DVD player in my TF room that I bought from Kmart. Found the unlock codes on Google and it plays all regions. I personally always get the unlock codes first _before_ I open the DVD player.

@Goki: What you say is exactly correct but trust me mate when I say that I've exhausted the internet, in searching for the unlock codes for my particular model of DVD/Blu-Ray Player - The only avenue I haven't actually tried is calling the manufacturer (LG) and I think I might give it a go on Monday, what can I lose eh?

Open the DVD door and punch in 31415925359 until a menu pops up (it may pop up before you punch in all of those digits). Scroll down the region code and change it to 0. This works on most LG DVD models (but not all). Give that a go, and if it doesn't work call LG. Luck Good.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Open the DVD door and punch in 31415925359 until a menu pops up (it may pop up before you punch in all of those digits). Scroll down the region code and change it to 0. This works on most LG DVD models (but not all). Give that a go, and if it doesn't work call LG. Luck Good.
    Cheers man, just gave it about 9-10 attempts and she's a no-goer ; I'll give LG a buzz tomorrow afternoon & we'll see how we go - thanks for your help though Goki.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    But it should be as easy as Pi (Don't hit the Math teacher!). Sorry couldn't resist. I did notice that the number sequence Gok gave is missing a 6 - it should list 314159265359. Maybe give that a go Hursti?