Page 64 of 97 FirstFirst ... 445459606162636465666768697484 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Toy acquisitions (if no other topic exists).

Just got this today at the penrith fair ...Ironman mark 3 noise activated LED...

^ pretty darn cute

Nexus bits and bobs

Oh man! - Those Japanese Dino-Riders... those E.T. figures & that Star Wars audiobook on Vinyl!
    Amazing haul dude!

Cheers mate. Shape helped me out with the Dino-riders too. Only problm is 2 of them are sealed and i can't bring myself to open them
    ET and the Starwars stuff has been claimed by the GF now

Wow nice work on those dino riders, really brings back memories.

Thanks very much to Paulbot, today I had some old friends rejoin my collection along with a pair of jockeys displaced by 65 Million years!

i got a heap of GI joes off fellow board members liegeprime,fungal infection(you gotta love that name)but also i got 2 thor, 11 ironman 2, 2 captain america,2 star wars legacy figures all for $1 each from toy's r us here in townsville.they were have a big sale yesterday and i got there just as the manager was putting them out.(the ironman2 figures were $5each but he said they weren't even getting rid of them at that price so he reduced it to $1)

Got these two metallic monsters today. Oh god! They soo sexy!

this guy is a lot smaller than I thought he'd be. Especially considering how big the box is...

For comparison, the robot (packed in styrofoam) is in the middle there, the rest is a Spiderman statue and accessory spot...

Still, it's a very nice figure!

^Ooh! - More big bots!

On Monday, the latest weapon in Law Enforcement arrived... from the 80s , in NECA Toys 7" Robocop:

He has issues, like most NECA figures he has hampered articulation but because this IS Robocop it's almost forgiven...
    • He Has Glaring Thigh Gaps That Both Baffle And Infuriate.
    • It bugs me that his feet has ratchets with only 3 positions!
    • His feet, due to how they're molded, have an outward tilt facing the opposite direction to how feet work!?! so many poses become off-balanced.
    • His arms NEED Bicep/Elbow swivels, it's a crucial absence that really negates many of his trademark upper body postures & poses.

He is mostly redeemed in profile shots though, which is good considering I have NECA's ED-209 due to arrive in September & the two WILL be battling on my shelf more often than not :

He is not a ninja nor gymnast, so I never expected this figure to be able to pull off Roundhouse Kicks etc. but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was slightly disappointed in the fact that he's unable to achieve all the poses he could in the movies.

That said this is the best iteration that NECA has done to date (This is the Thigh-Compartment version ) and it is a fantastic sculpt with brilliant paint apps and heft.

Be careful with the data spike though Hursrty. I got the glow in the dark variant and before I knew it the data spike had snapped... So thin. Although yours might be different as it isn't GITD plastic... But it's still thin.