Page 65 of 97 FirstFirst ... 455560616263646566676869707585 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Toy acquisitions (if no other topic exists).

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Be careful with the data spike though Hursrty. I got the glow in the dark variant and before I knew it the data spike had snapped... So thin. Although yours might be different as it isn't GITD plastic... But it's still thin.
    Bloody oath it's thin & fragile dude! - Don't worry, I'll take your warning into consideration as it is indeed horribly fragile looking (So much so that I've not even attempted to swap it with his normal hand yet ) and I've no intention of breaking such an arterial-puncturingly cool accessory.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Bloody oath it's thin & fragile dude! - Don't worry, I'll take your warning into consideration as it is indeed horribly fragile looking (So much so that I've not even attempted to swap it with his normal hand yet ) and I've no intention of breaking such an arterial-puncturingly cool accessory.
    that thigh gap issue is odd, mine is really clean
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

He has issues, like most NECA figures he has hampered articulation but because this IS Robocop it's almost forgiven...

He Has Glaring Thigh Gaps That Both Baffle And Infuriate.

He is mostly redeemed in profile shots though, which is good considering I have NECA's ED-209 due to arrive in September & the two WILL be battling on my shelf more often than not :
    Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    that thigh gap issue is odd, mine is really clean
    I didn't notice the gaps until i posted pics of the one i picked up at Nexus.

THEY. ARE. MASSIVE.. gaps

I missed out on the spike though. ED should be good..

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Got these two metallic monsters today. Oh god! They soo sexy!

this guy is a lot smaller than I thought he'd be. Especially considering how big the box is...

For comparison, the robot (packed in styrofoam) is in the middle there, the rest is a Spiderman statue and accessory spot...

Still, it's a very nice figure!
    Nice , I always have a soft spot for Vehicle Force.

Whats the deal with spiderman and leopoldon? I seem to remember having a 3 inch shogun robot called Spiderman (no relation ,afaik, to Spiderman) that looked kinda similar to Leo but with more of a blue theme

Quote Originally Posted by Slag View Post
    Nice , I always have a soft spot for Vehicle Force.

Whats the deal with spiderman and leopoldon? I seem to remember having a 3 inch shogun robot called Spiderman (no relation ,afaik, to Spiderman) that looked kinda similar to Leo but with more of a blue theme
    Leopoldon is Spiderman's mega robot. After Toei had enough success (or fun) with GoRanger and JackQ, they acquired the rights to Marvel characters in Japan. With that they made a Japanese show of Spiderman, were Spidey got his Spider powers from aliens and was given a massive spaceship to command called the Marvellor. It was essentially a power rangers show, but only with Spiderman (as far as I have watched [ep. 3]) and he jumps in and drives the robot.

The next Sentai show (Battle Fever) was inspired by Spiderman and Lepoldon was the first of the Giant robot suits that Toei made. GoRanger and JackQ only had vehicles for their characters. I believe that the original toy was recoloured and released in blue for those outside of Japan, sans Spiderman. I think in the shogun warriors line, but I haven't been able to successfully find a link yet. Apparently the Leopardon suit was really hard for the actor to move in and got so damaged/stolen (conflicting reports) that they had to resort to using stock footage of its attacks and rarely did you see it interacting with his enemies. I love it when there is a good story behind a figure!

Quite a few eps of Spiderman are on youtube (YAY) Here's a link to the first one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMDZ1c3VJ6w

XMan is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Hi guys, I just found this thread!

A few pick-ups from me from the last 2 weeks, some Street Fighter Play Arts Kai, Cammy and Chun-Li. And a beautiful Play Arts Kai Joker.

And a Grail of mine I had saved for, Yamato Toys VMF Motoko Kusanagi from Stand Alone Complex, cant wait to get her open!!

Quote Originally Posted by XMan View Post
    Hi guys, I just found this thread!

A few pick-ups from me from the last 2 weeks, some Street Fighter Play Arts Kai, Cammy and Chun-Li. And a beautiful Play Arts Kai Joker.

And a Grail of mine I had saved for, Yamato Toys VMF Motoko Kusanagi from Stand Alone Complex, cant wait to get her open!!
    Nice! You'll have to give us a review.

Quote Originally Posted by XMan View Post
    ...And a Grail of mine I had saved for, Yamato Toys VMF Motoko Kusanagi from Stand Alone Complex, cant wait to get her open!!

*snip*
    Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    Nice! You'll have to give us a review.
    Very much agree with regards to Motoko, as I have the CM's Corp take on The Major, but I'm curious on this particular iteration too.

Very much agree with regards to Motoko, as I have the CM's Corp take on The Major, but I'm curious on this particular iteration too.
    What's the quality like on the CMs Corp? I have three of their figures and I think they are a bit crap...