Page 66 of 97 FirstFirst ... 465661626364656667686970717686 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Toy acquisitions (if no other topic exists).

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Leopoldon is Spiderman's mega robot. After Toei had enough success (or fun) with GoRanger and JackQ, they acquired the rights to Marvel characters in Japan. With that they made a Japanese show of Spiderman, were Spidey got his Spider powers from aliens and was given a massive spaceship to command called the Marvellor. It was essentially a power rangers show, but only with Spiderman (as far as I have watched [ep. 3]) and he jumps in and drives the robot.

The next Sentai show (Battle Fever) was inspired by Spiderman and Lepoldon was the first of the Giant robot suits that Toei made. GoRanger and JackQ only had vehicles for their characters. I believe that the original toy was recoloured and released in blue for those outside of Japan, sans Spiderman. I think in the shogun warriors line, but I haven't been able to successfully find a link yet. Apparently the Leopardon suit was really hard for the actor to move in and got so damaged/stolen (conflicting reports) that they had to resort to using stock footage of its attacks and rarely did you see it interacting with his enemies. I love it when there is a good story behind a figure!

Quite a few eps of Spiderman are on youtube (YAY) Here's a link to the first one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMDZ1c3VJ6w
    Yeah Yeah Yeah..... WOW!...... x2.. Gotta love those lyrics .

here's a pic of the little one. He did have half a spiderweb sticker on his chest but it's disintegrated. He's borrowing someone else's arm too

This whole time, I had no idea there was a connection to Spiderman.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    What's the quality like on the CMs Corp? I have three of their figures and I think they are a bit crap...
    The plastic quality, sculpt & paint applications are absolutely excellent!

It is definitely Motoko in her riot-gear, there's no mistaking her ; the articulation is very "different", which as you know , is what CM's Corp is known for and it takes some getting used to but she definitely achieves most if not everything that she's supposed to.
    (I'll have to take some proper photos of her at some point )

got these in the mail today and shocked about the size of the hiss tank. it's huge and it only cost $10. i thought i'd only ever get a crappy old 1 in the future but this was brand new in box.

and i also got a cobra fangboat and ninja commando 4x4. i'm really getting into this joe stuff.

^ 10 Freaking Dollars! In it's box ! that's a steal.

I forgot about this guy from the fair

With a HUGE thanks to Paulbot once again, yesterday I received Krang, who joins my recently acquired original 80s Turtles ; extremely happy to have these figures from my childhood once again in my collection :

Not really new but i found an old spiderman figure, dunno which series its from, its scarlet spider, with the three yellow thingos. its legends size. have had it for ages
    ~

nice turtles there hursty. i didn't know you could get a krang back then and slag WTF is a domo? and where are they from?

XMan is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

A few new things

Revoltech Queens Blade Branwen is amazing! The accompanying book is a little 'more' than I was expecting to say the least
    Last edited by XMan; 10th September 2013 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XMan View Post
    A few new things

Queens Blade Branwen is amazing! The accompanying book is a little 'more' than I was expecting to say the least
    just google her and it come with a book!! you lucky man

Picked up an Albert Einstein action figure MOSC + a G.I.Joe/Street Fighter Sonic Boom Tank MIB complete with a dodgy looking Guile..
    left it at the office though. pics next week