Page 72 of 97 FirstFirst ... 526267686970717273747576778292 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Toy acquisitions (if no other topic exists).

Quote Originally Posted by Slag View Post
    *snip*

Im not really too sure mate. i thought it had something to do with something called Batrain. I did a quick search http://counter-x.net/footnotes/batrain/

It was 30 bucks .. i couldn't say no
    Looks pretty cool for an old bot at any rate.

I know others watch the show, but I don't know if anyone collects the toys? Anyways, was pretty happy finding these at my local Big W for $13 each when there going over $50 on eBay.

Just grabbed a Figuarts Alien Warrior. Kind of an impulse buy but after getting into the old Alien VS Predator video games I'm kind of a sucker for the Giger aliens now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Just grabbed a Figuarts Alien Warrior. Kind of an impulse buy but after getting into the old Alien VS Predator video games I'm kind of a sucker for the Giger aliens now.
    Nice! - I hear word they're the better alternative to NECA's current offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Nice! - I hear word they're the better alternative to NECA's current offerings.
    Any idea how the NECA offerings scale with the Revoltech ones?
    I was originally going to just stick with my 2 Revoltech Aliens (Drone and Warrior), but with the Figuarts one it looks like I'm building up a hive...if the NECA ones scale alright with the RT ones and I find some I might nab one or two of those too.

Now I just need to find somewhere new to put Figma Samus, she's been posed fighting the 2 Revoltech Aliens for a while but it looks like they'll be getting their own display space now.

EDIT - Nevermind, saw some today while out with valkyrie_76. The NECA ones are too big for my purposes.

So, today's haul:
    2 Sota Toys Street Fighter figures: Vega and Sakura. Bought because they were fairly cheap, I like the characters, and because I didn't realise the damage I was going to do to my budget today at the time...
    1x reissue Figma Samus, for one of my best friends in Oz.
    1x Sci-Fi Revoltech Alien, for another of my best friends. He's quite a Giger fan.
    And a McFarlane Movie Maniacs 6 Queen Alien. She was pricey, but man is she big and beautiful...since it looks like I'm putting a hive together I figure a decent Queen is called for.
    Dunno what it is, but valkyrie_76 visiting seems to prompt a round of Aliens-themed wallet pain.
    Last edited by Ode to a Grasshopper; 29th March 2014 at 11:38 PM.

Blimey! - Sounds like you're wallet received one helluvan infestation indeed!

Would it be a bad time now to tell that NECA will be releasing a brand new Alien Queen late this year/early next?

Blimey! - Sounds like you're wallet received one helluvan infestation indeed!

Would it be a bad time now to tell that NECA will be releasing a brand new Alien Queen late this year/early next?
    Yeah...it was a good set of end-of-school-year shopping trips, but I might take it easy on the hobby shop trips for the next couple of months. I imagine by the time MP Wheeljack is out my wallet should have recovered nicely...
    Truth be told most of the damage came from picking up 2 versions of the MP Soundwave mold within a week. Well worth it IMO but big MP molds are kind of a long-term investment collection-wise.

Possibly not the best time for more xenomorph news - valkyrie let slip that there's a zero suit Samus figma coming out, so that's another thing on the already-long-and-expensive shopping list - but the NECA offerings are too big to work with the Revoltech ones and I'm pretty happy with my new Queen. She apparently can do with some upper-torso support for sheer weight (she's ~2 feet long ) and she's not up there with my various smaller-scale Aliens in terms of articulation, but she's a work of art and she also comes with a human set piece with a chest-burster gimmick. The only feature I really would have liked that isn't included is opening jaws - having a fixed closed mouth seems like kind of a wasted opportunity on McFarlane toys' part.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Yeah...it was a good set of end-of-school-year shopping trips, but I might take it easy on the hobby shop trips for the next couple of months. I imagine by the time MP Wheeljack is out my wallet should have recovered nicely...
    Truth be told most of the damage came from picking up 2 versions of the MP Soundwave mold within a week. Well worth it IMO but big MP molds are kind of a long-term investment collection-wise.
    A pair of Masterpiece Soundwaves is a perfectly acceptable excuse in my eyes, so I hope you're digging 'em.

Possibly not the best time for more xenomorph news - valkyrie let slip that there's a zero suit Samus figma coming out, so that's another thing on the already-long-and-expensive shopping list - but the NECA offerings are too big to work with the Revoltech ones and I'm pretty happy with my new Queen. She apparently can do with some upper-torso support for sheer weight (she's ~2 feet long ) and she's not up there with my various smaller-scale Aliens in terms of articulation, but she's a work of art and she also comes with a human set piece with a chest-burster gimmick. The only feature I really would have liked that isn't included is opening jaws - having a fixed closed mouth seems like kind of a wasted opportunity on McFarlane toys' part.
    Yeah it's to my understanding that the NECA figures are substantially larger in mass compared to that of Revoltech's - I can't say I've ever seen the McFarlane Queen in-person however but everything I've heard is that she's a sizeable & hefty beast.
    The chest bursting gimmick sounds sweet but I've got to say that the lack of an opening maw, along with pharyngeal jaws, is rather baffling? - They're so intrinsic to her majesty!

Still, I should like to see photos eventually of the hive you've amassed - NECA is still yet to even reveal prototype pictures of their upcoming matriarch, of whom is apparently meant to be in-scale with their current Xenomorph offerings!

Still, I should like to see photos eventually of the hive you've amassed - NECA is still yet to even reveal prototype pictures of their upcoming matriarch, of whom is apparently meant to be in-scale with their current Xenomorph offerings!
    I'll try to oblige, but it turns out I've pretty much run out display room in my apartment...

Anyway, I managed to find a cheap (~$12) loose NECA 2005 alien yesterday. Even besides one of the arms snapping off when I tried to move it - probably more to do with being pre-owned than a mold fault per se - I wasn't really impressed. Posability wasn't great, especially the ankles and wrists, and it was way too big for my purposes. The way they've done the joints didn't really work with the molding detail either. I hear they've gotten better posability-wise since then, but yeah...think I'll be sticking to smaller, more poseable offerings.

Got this guy today