Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    If the old DOS libraries needed to run the game aren't found in Windows (or whichever your preferred OS is) you can always Dosbox it.
    I've done that for most of the old games, just sone aren't playing nice atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Too right there man, thankfully though GOG.com takes care of all that hard work for you - I suspect Azrael just needs help with graphics settings on a Windows 8 laptop is all.
    I haven't tried Mechwarrior yet, but some aren't as easy as dragging over to Dosbox. Toonstruck and Outlaws I need assistance with at least.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I finished both games at least a dozen times each...with a mouse

If only they would give us a worthy sequel..
    Maybe I'm just not used to using the mouse in a flight sim. I'm more of a joystick man

And I wish they would remake it with new graphics and leave the stories and missions the same. A sequel would indeed be good.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I haven't tried Mechwarrior yet, but some aren't as easy as dragging over to Dosbox. Toonstruck and Outlaws I need assistance with at least.
    Well, I can tell you now that part 1 of your difficulties is that your trying to run DOS-based programs written in the 90s, on a computer running Windows 8 (Well known to be unfriendly towards backwards compatibilty for even Vista-era software) which only has an emulated (poorly) version of DOS - But we'll see what we can work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Well, I can tell you now that part 1 of your difficulties is that your trying to run DOS-based programs written in the 90s, on a computer running Windows 8 (Well known to be unfriendly towards backwards compatibilty for even Vista-era software) which only has an emulated (poorly) version of DOS - But we'll see what we can work out.
    Use DosBox to play Tie Fighter. I use it with good success as it emulates SoundBlaster, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p3x-cbhLIc

I just played and watched someone (Markiplier) play a really good game. It's only a demo (and its kinda old) but the game is called Super HOT and it is a first person shooter where time only moves when you move. It only has a few levels but it is pretty fun and addictive.

Also been playing this blob game called Agario. It is really addictive!
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Been going through my PS3 Pile of shame. Managed to finish Portal 2, Uncharted 3 and just did Tomb Raider underworld.

Really enjoyed uncharted, very much a scripted game, but so much fun and great characters/writing. Portal 2 was cool, a little long, but nice to finally finish. And Underworld, was underwhelming.
    I remember playing it ages ago and though the graphics were super nice and mostly wanted to finish it as it was a sequel to Legends. The motion capture was oK, made some of the movments looks a bit whacky. The backgrounds were nice and it was generally all right.
    But the thing that really put me off the game was the bloody frame rate. You'd be fine in some sections, just going about your business and then it suddenly becomes New JERK City, the later levels especially so (right when you don't wanna be messing around with crap like that).

Plus the occasional spot where the camera would just flip out and you spent all your time trying to get a good view of the setting.

Got to the point where I just couldn't be bothered putting up with its crap, so I cheated and used a walk through for the last few levels. Very much unlike me, especially with TR games, as I usually like to work them out myself, no matter how long it takes. But its behind me now. Now I can play Anniversary! Yay, a much more enjoyable game!

I'm late to the party but I picked up Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls double pack from EB the other day. Currently playing Heavy Rain and damn it's fantastic. I love the idea that actions you take or don't take, alters the ending. Makes replayability astronimical.

I see this game more as an interactive movie rather than a game. My missus is loving me playing it, keeps asking me to play more lol. And a certain scene I played tonight had her actually pull the blanket up over her face haha

Had it recommended by a guy at work, showed me the trailer for the next game these guys are doing, and I was intrigued.

Went and played Wolfenstein 2 again tonight, tried it on Death Incarnate. Bloody difficult. Plus I don't like xbox controllers. When I get my game for PS4 will be better. Such a fine game and learning about the behind the scenes stuff from their artistic director was cool. Nice chap

Streamed a little of Shadow of War last night. The story once again is completely throw away but the gameplay feels great like the original game.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Went and played Wolfenstein 2 again tonight, tried it on Death Incarnate. Bloody difficult. Plus I don't like xbox controllers. When I get my game for PS4 will be better. Such a fine game and learning about the behind the scenes stuff from their artistic director was cool. Nice chap
    Apparently the 'alt right' was offended that the game is about killing Nazis lol

Looks like gamers have had it with in game loot boxes with some people going as far as asking politicians to intervene because they see it as gambling. Politicians getting involved in games is the last thing we need, anyone remember having to import games because the Australian government kept banning or censoring them?