Page 251 of 467 FirstFirst ... 231241246247248249250251252253254255256261271 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

I picked up a PS One at the Craigie Collector Zone today, plus a new Tekken 3 to replace the one my nephew used as a floor sander...

Me and the kids have had a great afternoon discovering/rediscovering my PS 1 games - Pong; Jurassic Park: Warpath; Amazing Spiderman 2: Enter Electro; Gran Turismo 2; Air Combat (we ended up calling it Air Crash Investigation the game); TOCA Touring Cars...

But the best bit was the hissy fit my wife threw. "You bought a playstation? How much was it? "

"$20"

oddly enough she was quiet after that....

lol, My wife was upset at me ordering some Saturn games which came up to about $15.

I reassured that my new Saturn and newly acquired games stop me from buying a ps3/4.

Just managed to bag Cotton 2 a very shmexy shootemup, Warriors of Fate, a beatemup I played a lot and didn't know it had been converted, but it's remarkably hard even on easy. Finally, a surprisingly cool gem, Elevator Action Returns,

Deeeelightful

I've just learnt about a third "North American" Assassin's Creed game coming out later this year for the PS3: Assassin's Creed Rogue. And since I don't have a PS4 and won't be able to play the new Paris game for a while, I'd be tempted to get this.

But I have a question and was wondering if people could help me. I've played Assassin's Creed 1, 2 (and both it's sequels) and 3 and enjoyed them all very much, but I really disliked the boat levels in #3. Most vehicle levels in the game are a bit of a chore, but the ones at sea in #3 just didn't interest me at all and skipped any "at sea" part I could.

For that reason I've so far skipped playing #4 Black Flag because from what I gather in that game the levels at sea make up a lot/most of the game play. Is that true? I suspect this new Black Flag sequel might follow the same pattern if it's so.

And I don't want to sail a pirate ship, I just want to run on rooftops, climb buildings and stab people!

Quote Originally Posted by Reflector View Post
    Very nice Hursty.

Check out that juicy red ps3 back there too...
    Hehe, poor thing hardly gets used for gaming these days though!

Picked up these over the past week:

Crazy Taxi I don't much care for but it was a part of the same auction that included Earthworm Jim!
    I actually own both EWJ: 1 & 2 via GoG.com but I want a physical copy of both games so as to rip the CD Audio Music from them.

These 2 games however (Well, 1 & a Mission Pack ) I never actually got an opportunity to own as a kid but had indeed played via various means.
    So id Software's Quake II Mission Pack: The Reckoning and Monolith Entertainment's Blood are really more of a case of completing unfinished business.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    But I have a question and was wondering if people could help me. I've played Assassin's Creed 1, 2 (and both it's sequels) and 3 and enjoyed them all very much, but I really disliked the boat levels in #3. Most vehicle levels in the game are a bit of a chore, but the ones at sea in #3 just didn't interest me at all and skipped any "at sea" part I could.

For that reason I've so far skipped playing #4 Black Flag because from what I gather in that game the levels at sea make up a lot/most of the game play. Is that true? I suspect this new Black Flag sequel might follow the same pattern if it's so.

And I don't want to sail a pirate ship, I just want to run on rooftops, climb buildings and stab people!
    If you disliked the "at sea" parts of ACIII then you'll most likely dislike most of ACIV. The sailing and sea battles are vastly improved from III but it is a very large portion of the game. There is still plenty of building and ruin climbing, and the overall design of these parts is fantastic, but the sailing is how you get from island to Island, and requires you to do so in order to open up "fast sail" options and to unlock most areas of The Caribbean. It's too bad there are not many places that hire games out, as this sounds like a certain " try before you buy" situation for you.

Personally I loved the game, could not get enough of the sailing and hunting down Spanish and English ships to raid for cargo, climbing the mast and then assassinating captains from above.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Haven't played too much in the past few weeks, but picked up the recently released Velocity2x for Vita yesterday (also on PS4).

It's damn good, everyone with the means should give it a go (it's free if you have PS+)... especially if you like high score style twitch action games.
    Has a very old school feel to it but looks fantastic and getting in the 'zone' is a great feeling.

Here's a nice speedrun video by the devs that shows what i mean! (and also sample of the excellent soundtrack)

Been giving my Saturn a good run lately. Still haven't gotten much better at Rockman X4, but am learning that the key seems to be NOT shooting things and just speed running through the levels. I still do hate enemies that regenerate as soonas the edges of the screen covers their spot, especially this one in the snow level as I kept messing up my jump.
    Grrr

Elevator Action Returns is a new addition and it's great! A good challenge and fun as well.

@Hursty,

Man I had Crazy Taxi on the DC and I thrashed that game so much, with the original music it was great fun! I ended up breaking a controller as I would stunt drive a lot. The analogue trigger button got a bit mangled from excessive acceleration.

I had to finish wave 10 of Gold by myself in two Mass Effect 3 multiplayer games last night after my teammates all got wiped... and was the lone survivor in Wave 11 in one of those two games.

I was only an itty-bitty infiltrator - let me tell you I ran out of missile launchers pretty darn quick.

ha - it's so much fun watching the kids play dead space on the wii: all the jump scares are new, and the arguing over who's going to be reloading and who's going to be firing....

You certainly seem to have got your monies worth out of both Dead Space & Mass Effect series! I'm kinda jealous you can enjoy them for so long; i end up getting sidetracked with new games instead of thoroughly enjoying what i've got.