Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Government finally asking if gamers want an R rating

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    yeah i heard on the radio today that they were going to add the R18+ but still ban games that they deem too violent, so what the bloody point then
    WHAT. THE. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

That's not surprising. I basically expect them to cut MA in half, AvP, Gta, COD and other "extreme" MA games would be R, and the less violent games stay in the MA rating.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    That's not surprising. I basically expect them to cut MA in half, AvP, Gta, COD and other "extreme" MA games would be R, and the less violent games stay in the MA rating.
    The other thing is that some games, especially if they involved, say sexual violence, don't even make an X rating in this country. So even with an R rating and things matching R ratings for movies, you'll still find some violent games will fit into the RC category.

And so it should, no game needs sexual violence. Rapelay can git the eff out of mah country!

And so it should, no game needs sexual violence. Rapelay can git the eff out of mah country!
    What really bugs me about this whole debate is that those opposing the R rating would often use Rapelay as an example of games that would get in under the R18, but it has absolutely no chance due to the sexual content. If it did, RL would be available in countries with an R rating, but it isn't. As well as the fact the game programmers have done their best to keep it in Japan.

The arguments against the R rating have been so immature.

Hopefully the R rating will extend the options of more extreme content so we don't have to put up with butchered efforts such as GTA etc.

I will just be interested to see what limitations they put into the R rating now.

Anybody seen a draft of the plans anywhere?

I 100% agree that rape has no place in video games, hell I'd go so far as to say it shouldn't even be highlighted in movies, but the term sexual violence needs to be better defined IMO as I'll gladly defend my right to digitally beat the life out of someone with a 4ft Dildo-Sword!

It's my personal belief though that sex has a very valid and rightful place in video games and should certainly be incorporated tastefully and only in video games that are aimed at 18y/os and over - Barbie does enough for marketing sex to under 10s that games don't need to follow.

Whoops

*deletes folder*

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Well, just have to see what kind of effect it has. But this could be the first thing she has done that I actually like.

Heh. I still refuse to believe anything until I walk into a store and see that R18+ sticker on the box.