Thread: Filing an eBay Unpaid Item Dispute

Default Filing an eBay Unpaid Item Dispute

Yo,

So, I put my Battle Damaged Protectobots on eBay. They sold for a whopping $10.

For my eBay profile, my street address is:

Not relevant
    Thornbury, VIC 3071

When the winner asked for a total, they also asked for my full address with which to send a money order to. I returned to them with a shipping quote and reminded them that money order was not an option. They used eBay checkout and choose for payment type "Other/see description" which I had made available as the description mentioned "Cash for pickup"

I never heard back from this person and have messaged them through eBay continuously.

SO...

The obvious thing now is to file an Unpaid Item Dispute. Now, the buyer has 0 feedback, and I really don't want to risk my currently perfect reputation. If they give me negative feedback, even though they have an unpaid dispute filed against them, that still sticks against my record, doesn't it?

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions here?

i would just advise ebay about the buyer and then claim back your ebay final value fee as buyer has not responded within the limited time frame

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yea, and also do what I do, block those with zero or less feedback from bidding.
    ________
    No2 vaporizer
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 08:55 AM.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Yea, and also do what I do, block those with zero or less feedback from bidding.
    Yeah, but when we started we had zero feedback too. The guy sounds like a whack job & like you suggested, I'd file an Unpaid Item Dispute if I were you.

A massive contrast from our business transaction together.

You could risk giving them negative feedback and if they give it in return, try to have it mutally withdrawn - but I'm not sure if the other person has to agree to the withdrawal as well (and they might not if they don't care).

dunt give feddback in case they give you -ve in return, just file a dispute in the ebay console.
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

like others have said, file dispute and try re-coup listing fee and final cost fee from ebay

jay

if you need to offload those protectorbots i will take them

Thanks for your input everyone. I filed the dispute. I probably won't bother with the negative feedback. It serves little purpose. And all of my future auctions will require a minimum feedback... probably 5.

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    if you need to offload those protectorbots i will take them
    Digger beat ya to it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Thanks for your input everyone. I filed the dispute. I probably won't bother with the negative feedback. It serves little purpose. And all of my future auctions will require a minimum feedback... probably 5.

Digger beat ya to it.

i'll let it slide this time, but next time you have any unwanted G1 you come to me first alright? pat on the shoulder