View Poll Results: Do you want this ozformers shirt?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I'll take one!!!

3 6.38%
  • Yes I'll take one with my username on it (extra $8)

19 40.43%
  • Yes. I'll buy multiples

3 6.38%
  • No not interested sorry

22 46.81%
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 234567891424 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you want this ozformers shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxiewolf View Post
    I like the design of the original one, and Id probably like to see user name / website on it.
    I like the original one too, these faction ones are too gaudy for my tastes (which is why I don't own any JJ's TF apparel yet)

I do like the OTCA symbol on the shoulder for the decepticon design.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerstorm View Post
    As Bartrim mentioned here are some quick designs i cooked up

Some feedback would be appreciated. All comments even if constructive will be useful.

IMO Back design will be copied from pic 2 (con design) for all jerseys (possibly to save us some dosh at the printers)
    but obviously colour, number and name changes will be changed to suite.

Also could i get some opinions on our oz-formers logo you will see in pic 2 i have placed it as a sleeve design. like it to stay there? hate it there move it?

Or if for the sake of spending more money have a sew on patch or iron on patches so you can put it on wherever you want!

Fans of other factions don't panic. I am currently working on pred and max designs!
    I love the top 2 designs they look awesome, Hope the BW ones are just as good and definitely like the Ozformers logo on the arm

These look great, in particular the Decepticon one. Nice work Hammerstorm.

Is there a way to reset the poll now that further designs have been revealed? I have a feeling most people voted without knowing what the final designs would look like.

It'd be a shame if these didn't see the light of day. So far only 11 people have voted in favour when we need a minimum of 50.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerstorm View Post
    Those are awesomesauce. I would certainly buy this Blendtron one if it was produced. In a heartbeat.

They look great!!

BUt, as someone mentioned, are we not gonna get in trouble for the faction symbols? Being so big and obvious as they are? What if it was reversed and we get the faction symbols somewhere else?

some suggestions mebbe you can play around with Hammerstorm
    1. Replace the faction symbols with the otca logo, but the art design and color for each supposed faction (red, purple, etc) keep it there, this is to help determine that its gonna be a decepticon or autobot or etc..

2. have the faction symbol on the sleeve where the OTCA logo was. Oh and yeah prolly add the Website address instead on the sleeves below the sigils.

3. can we have yellow instead of purple for the bar sunburst at the back - it is kinda our color in OTCA so having it would make it our uniform color for both/all factions.

4. OOOrr another variation would be to put the small faction symbol on top of the name at the back. Mebbe if it wasnt so large and conspicuous we might get away with using the sigils? I m trying to make it appear so that were not so dependent on the sigils so if Hasbro decides nope were not stuck.

5. Is there a Cobra one? Id love that!!

Well that's about it... I know my own prev design had a large sigil slanted, but when I remembered how Hasbro is here in Aus and their non supportive attitude with Logo use ( old convention story I heard) Im just wary coz I really want us to have Ozformer shirts... TFSG, and TFPH have theirs and I think TFW might have their own. Wouldnt it be awesome if Griffin and the guys wear these on the upcoming Botcon (if they'll wear em).
    Kinda represents us but subtlely with the faction symbols being NOT the focus of the design? and if Hasbro decides , nope we wont allow that, at least its easier to get rid of the smaller sigils since the designs are not dependent on it at all? Granted the design variation I have in mind might not be FULL on WOW impact but hey, Im just being cautious... it is supposedly an Ozformer shirt, not just another TF shirt.

But if the general concensus is keep the design as is, Id still buy it , 3-5 even- as a gift to my cousins. Saves me the hassle of thinking what to give on Bdays

Hope I helped a little, cheers.
    Last edited by liegeprime; 4th May 2010 at 10:55 AM.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Hmm I'm going to be annoying and say I liked the original designs, just because I liked their simplicity. I'm not a huge fan of the tattoo-like designs or the enormous faction symbols, it just seems a bit too 'busy'. Thats just my opinion though, and regardless of my thoughts Hammerstorm, you've done a great job
    But yes, simplicity and subtlety are best IMO. And a Url somewhere perhaps.

Wow, they look hot Hammerstorm! You finally convinced me to vote on this poll! I'm still not keen about having the board URL on the back though. But maybe that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime
    are we not gonna get in trouble for the faction symbols?
    I highly doubt it. First of all, Transformer logos are being used everywhere on unlicensed products like car badges, apparel, bags etc. Secondly, as heroic_decepticon mentioned on another thread, infringing on copyright isn't necessary illegal per se (although he admits that his knowledge on IP law is limited).

One way to get around this - for Sabretron 2004 we gave away free unlicensed convention exclusive Transformer comic books and toys for free. Attendees paid an admission fee for the convention of course. Also, at last year's SMASH! convention, we gave away free exclusive comic books and an exclusive toy as a draw prize - all unlicensed. Contestants paid a small fee to participate in the game in order to have their names placed into the lottery. So... ya know... *cough.cough*

I also prefer the original ones, the factions symbols just look too obvious and are crying out: law-suit

It also has the look of a footy jersey - something I would wear around anywhere

Seriously, no one's going to stop us having Transformers logos on our t-shirts - it's for our community - we're not selling them for profit. And this is Hasbro we're talking about, they can't even be bothered to crack down on knockoffs, they're not going to have an issue with fans proudly advertising their product on our chests.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Pure awesome Great work there Hammer

I'd definitely buy the Con design, pending price as well
    Seconded, terrific work.