Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Holy Grail Toy Scout Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I have finally found and secured issue 321 of the UK Transformers Marvel series!!!! The only thing that I don't know is if it includes the poster that I am after (I'm too nervous to email the seller to ask). I'm leaving it as a surprise and if it has it, then my search is finally over
    Excellent!, Excellent! News Dude!
    I'm really glad you've been able to track a copy down dude, congratulations and as with Sky Shadow...

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Fingers crossed for you, DP.
    I too will be crossing my fingers in the hope that your poster will be nestled in the center of the comic.

Well, here it is! After years of scouring eBay and online comic shops, I finally have the full set of the hand-painted Geoff Senior posters of Unicron's attack on Cybertron which featured in issues 320 - 322 of the Marvel UK comic series

This has been my holy grail for years and my quest has come to an end. It's hard enough getting any of the issues post 300; it's almost impossible to find them with their free gifts still attached.

Now, to get it framed

New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Well, here it is! After years of scouring eBay and online comic shops, I finally have the full set of the hand-painted Geoff Senior posters of Unicron's attack on Cybertron which featured in issues 320 - 322 of the Marvel UK comic series

This has been my holy grail for years and my quest has come to an end. It's hard enough getting any of the issues post 300; it's almost impossible to find them with their free gifts still attached.

Now, to get it framed

*snip*
    Oh Wow!
    That really is beautiful dude, you really do have to get that framed asap!
    Congratulations again though, I'm really happy and pleased for you mate.

Damn that is a sweet poster man, congrats on finally getting it completed. Now what will you concentrate on as your Grail?

Thanks for the comments guys

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Now what will you concentrate on as your Grail?
    A spare missile for G1 Sideswipe

The way I think of a 'grail' item is that it's the penultimate of collectables and nothing can surpass or replace it. Some people probably think I'm a bit crazy making a poster my grail, but I never really explained why.

Collecting Transformers to me means reliving all the things that made my childhood great. This poster is equally important to me because I use to have it stuck above my bed when I was a kid and I use to just sit there staring at it. Now that I have all three posters, it brings back a lot of memories for me.

It's absolutely huge too. It measures 125 x 55 cms. I'm not looking forward to getting quotes on how much it will cost to frame it.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Collecting Transformers to me means reliving all the things that made my childhood great. This poster is equally important to me because I use to have it stuck above my bed when I was a kid and I use to just sit there staring at it. Now that I have all three posters, it brings back a lot of memories for me.

It's absolutely huge too. It measures 125 x 55 cms. I'm not looking forward to getting quotes on how much it will cost to frame it.
    I can't think of a better reason to have a grail at all!

Now, to get it framed

congrats mate

cool looking poster, i like your story about having it as a kid.....and now coming full circle and owning it again.

very pleased for ya

janda

Ehobby G1 Anime Astrotrain....These bastards are pricey!!

Now, to get it framed

Impressive.

I collected all of the UK issues from about Target:2006 (issue 80-something?) up to the final issue, but I don't recall the posters.

Maybe someone nicked the posters from the issues at my local newsagent

MOSC G1 Guzzle...Want one more than anything! Please let me know if you see one my fellow bots.