Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: *Bigw Toy sale 1st july*

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Christalcase and I tried to get the BigW at Garden City to correct the price on a Generations toy, but wouldn't - they noted the different coloured packaging and product code (darn observant staff members).
    Looking at the catalog and it says NEW TRANSFORMERS DELUXE VEHICLES# (Styles may vary by store)

I would tell them that unless they correct the catalog then the advertisement is misleading. The Generations Line is -Transformers -New and -A varied style.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    finally got drift, thanks skywarp. TRU were all too happy to price-match and the girls working there today were not bad looking either
    The girl at the counter had one look at the picture and it was done! So yes follow griffin's advice and pricematch through TRU served by a cute girl if possible.

damn those SW toys are pretty popular, couldnt find the one im after...
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Ah well. I could have bought at least 2 bludgeons today. Noone wanted one though it seems.

I'd have to say though that the tf aisle was totally empty of people this morning, they were all in the lego or "girls stuff".

K mart on the other hand, a few people in the tfs, but most again, elsewhere. HA toys just sat there. I won't mention devastator or the other big toys. Suffice to say, they won't run out.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Looking at the catalog and it says NEW TRANSFORMERS DELUXE VEHICLES# (Styles may vary by store)

I would tell them that unless they correct the catalog then the advertisement is misleading. The Generations Line is -Transformers -New and -A varied style.
    Yeah, I tried both of those reasons (pointing out 'Deluxe' and 'styles may vary'), but one of the managers was called over and refused to budge. She seemed to be well educated on the different Transformers products and their different product codes, and was determined that the sale was intentionally only relating to the Autobot Alliance Deluxes.

You win some, you lose some...

foor is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

That's a bummer to hear Griffin. It's very rare when a manager is so clued in on a particular brand.

Maybe go in on the weekend when there's a different manager on shift?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Yeah, I tried both of those reasons (pointing out 'Deluxe' and 'styles may vary'), but one of the managers was called over and refused to budge. She seemed to be well educated on the different Transformers products and their different product codes, and was determined that the sale was intentionally only relating to the Autobot Alliance Deluxes.

You win some, you lose some...
    i'd say she was just mean in general. you know how in catalogs they have those disclaimers saying 'does not include *item* in photo' if she insists Generations doesnt fit the criteria it should say so in the catalog instead of being vague and open to interpretation - luckily she doesnt work in america or she would be fired for all the complaints and temptation to sue.

i'd say she was just mean in general. you know how in catalogs they have those disclaimers saying 'does not include *item* in photo' if she insists Generations doesnt fit the criteria it should say so in the catalog instead of being vague and open to interpretation - luckily she doesnt work in america or she would be fired for all the complaints and temptation to sue.
    But how is what s in the catalogue the managers fault? she didn't make the catalogue. she got sent an email from head office saying this is whats on sale. put it out. if you have an issue with a catalogue being misleading then contact the stores head office.
    ~

argh...

I need to pick up a bludgeon...

but wont get a chance to get to a bigw until the weekend

Hopefully there will be 1 left, or then its not meant to be

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    But how is what s in the catalogue the managers fault? she didn't make the catalogue. she got sent an email from head office saying this is whats on sale. put it out. if you have an issue with a catalogue being misleading then contact the stores head office.
    i never said its her fault - i said its the catalog advertising vaguely. all i said about the manager was she was being mean to griffin - being picky about what exactly is discounted.

I'm sorry but I don't see what the problem is. The catalogue clearly indicates that deluxe figures are $18.66. It does not exclude any particular range of deluxe figures. It simply states that they may vary store to store. To get picky however, the catalogue does state "deluxe vehicles" which could be interpreted as just vehicles only, which is pretty stupid really.

The pricing on the computer system is not matching that of the catalogue. Most likely because the catalogue is wrong, so either they will fix this by selling all deluxe figures at the advertised price or they will issue a notice regarding it.

My experience, find a check out chick who's been working all day and is ready to go home/doesn't give a shit. Chances are they will put the price through at the catalogue price after showing them.