Thread: Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack

Default Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack

Ok well a little while ago i bought a KO G1 wheeljack so that i could turn it into the Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack. The reason i wanted the KO was because it mould be mint and easy to work with. I bought a kit from Darkov on TFW2005 which included the head, windows and the other blue parts on his back.

He was painted with Tamiya Bright Red and i am very happy with the result since is next to impossible to find one now days.
    But unfortunately repolabels no longer make the labels for him so am getting some custom made from a member on TFW2005

Anyway enjoy (I have Wheeljacks back wing but just couldn't be bothered getting itfor the pics)

The following picture shows that the fit on the KO isn't that great

Hmm, very interesting Rampagesss.
    I'm curious to see how this 'de-evolution' goes as that head really does look like a primitive Wheeljack.

damn, that's sweet!

how did you remove the original hood/windscreen?

Can't wait to see it with all the stickers on. I've noticed that the original Marlboor toy never had any chest stickers and body kinda looks plain in robot mode (could be a reason why the other version was chosen for Wheeljack instead??) -- perhaps you could liven it up with this sticker there. Or maybe something like, "Smoking near stasis pods harms your protoform."

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    damn, that's sweet!

how did you remove the original hood/windscreen?
    The windscreen just pops off pritty easy, then just click/snap in the new one

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Can't wait to see it with all the stickers on. I've noticed that the original Marlboor toy never had any chest stickers and body kinda looks plain in robot mode (could be a reason why the other version was chosen for Wheeljack instead??) -- perhaps you could liven it up with this sticker there. Or maybe something like, "Smoking near stasis pods harms your protoform."
    Just learned that the guy in the US who is makeing the stickers actually paid delta star (the guy who runs repolabels) $20US for the file with all the stickers, since repolabels wont do them anymore.

And just going to keep him as his diaclone self looked then put him on my shelf with other customs that i can afford the real versions of, so next to my Black Zarak and Artfire

Finally after months of waiting

STICKERS!!!!

With his Diaclone brothers

That looks awesome rampagesss!! Especially like the group shot
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by rampagesss View Post
    Finally after months of waiting

STICKERS!!!!

*snip*

With his Diaclone brothers

*snip*

That looks Absolutely Friggin' Awesome Rampagesss, truly Friggin' Awesome!!!

The stickers really help to set him off and, like 5FDP, the group shot just looks perfect, near Museum Quality.

Congratulations Rampagesss, you've done it again mate. ...

looks sweet, well done!