Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Predaking 2010 Reissue Confirmed!

Who is the source of information that this release is die-cast?

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Oh! Did it?
    I wasn't aware, I thought it was just the plastic version.
    Mind you, I couldn't hope to afford that reissue, much as I'd like to, baring in mind the insane prices it fetches.
    (That and I like the spiffy new paint job on this one )
    Strange as it may sound, only the vintage Takara release of the Predacons were all plastic. The US vintage, and early 2000s reissue had die cast parts.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    Strange as it may sound, only the vintage Takara release of the Predacons were all plastic. The US vintage, and early 2000s reissue had die cast parts.
    Really?
    So would that mean to say that the Die-Cast free Razorclaw I've got is a vintage Japanese figure?
    Nah, you're pulling my leg Heroic!

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Who is the source of information that this release is die-cast?
    It was confirmed by Automaton Toys on Cybertron.CA and reported on TFW also.

Going back to my previous post, I should have added 'as well' in reference to the die cast and 2004 version. I think I may have caused some confusion there
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

My only complaint about the die-cast Predacons is that Headstrong becomes way too back heavy in robot mode and is tricky to stand. The 2004 reissue had a slight mould variation in Predaking's head... I'm curious to know if this variation still exists in the 2010 version or if they've retooled it to be more G1 toy-accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    My only complaint about the die-cast Predacons is that Headstrong becomes way too back heavy in robot mode and is tricky to stand. The 2004 reissue had a slight mould variation in Predaking's head... I'm curious to know if this variation still exists in the 2010 version or if they've retooled it to be more G1 toy-accurate.
    What exactly was changed Goki?
    I've not long finished reading TFWiki's article on the set but don't remember that being mentioned.

Really?
    So would that mean to say that the Die-Cast free Razorclaw I've got is a vintage Japanese figure?
    Nah, you're pulling my leg Heroic!
    I'm pretty sure that is the case. My G1 Takara Predacons, which I bought MISB in 1987 (thereabouts), are entirely plastic. I know the Hasbro release had metal.

What exactly was changed Goki?
    I've not long finished reading TFWiki's article on the set but don't remember that being mentioned.
    No, TFwiki doesn't mention it - it's like a really minor mould difference somewhere on the head... I think around the antennae? It's been 6 years since I compared the reissue with the original and the difference is really minor, so my memory of it isn't super sharp. Does anyone here have both the original and reissue Predaking? If so, would they be able to post comparative close-up photos of the heads?

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    I'm pretty sure that is the case. My G1 Takara Predacons, which I bought MISB in 1987 (thereabouts), are entirely plastic. I know the Hasbro release had metal.
    All the G1 Predacons I saw and played with as a child were plastic. Never saw any metal Predacons in the 1980s. I'm sure they existed, but they must've been pretty rare. Much like the metal-chested Hot Spot... never saw one of those as a kid either. I had metal-toed Hot Rod and a friend of mine had metal-wheeled Kup as a kid (he's since given me that Kup for free ) - but every other Hot Rod and Kup I saw as a kid were the plastic versions. So it seems that a lot of the metal variants were rarer, probably because 1986 was the year they started phasing out the use of die-cast metal and moving toward more plastic.

Latest RK newsletter states that Predaking will be shipping out this weekend. If you haven't put your order in yet, be quick because there will be another increase in price.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]