Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Predaking 2010 Reissue Confirmed!

Finally paid for mine today and look forward to its arrival (but not trying to figure out where to store)

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Mine came today! Excited to open but a little disappointed the box doesn't have a window flap, i thought it did from some of the earlier pics! It has a handle though!
    Ill jump on this bandwagon. I actually think the box is really rubbish. It doesn't seal properly at the sides without stickytape to aid it.
    Last edited by sideswipes brother; 3rd December 2010 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipes brother View Post
    Ill jump on this bandwagon. I actually think the box is really crap. It doesn't seal properly at the sides without stickytape to aid it.
    It's exactly the same physical box design as the last Predaking box, only with different art. I threw mine out too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    With regard to getting Headstrong to stand upright, due his die-cast heavy back , what I did was to rotate the red hip plates at the sides of his feet around until he was propped up. Bare in mind though that they'll only hold his weight if he isn't bumped, at which point he'll immediately fall over.
    It's the only major drawback to this set that I could find at all.
    If Headstrong is the Rhino, there is a little black tab at the middle back of his robot legs that needs to be pulled out and locked down to make him stand.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    If Headstrong is the Rhino, there is a little black tab at the middle back of his robot legs that needs to be pulled out and locked down to make him stand.
    That's just magic, thanks Deonasis.

Mine came yesterday It's amazing how some plastic and diecast can make you so happy.

I already had a spot on my cabinet set aside to display it

Mine came today! Excited to open but a little disappointed the box doesn't have a window flap, i thought it did from some of the earlier pics! It has a handle though!
    The early pics did seem like it had a window, but I don't think that was ever the case

I was also surprised that the box wasn't wrapped in plastic as per normal RK standards. It was just packed in the shipping box with a layer of foam.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    That's just magic, thanks Deonasis.
    Thanks, I picked that up in a youtube review. I've never handled Predaking or seen him irl before. I will tho I've just got to pay for it and pick it up from Jaydisc first!
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I was also surprised that the box wasn't wrapped in plastic as per normal RK standards. It was just packed in the shipping box with a layer of foam.
    amiami had mine wrapped in bubble wrap and then cushioned with paper.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Mine came yesterday It's amazing how some plastic and diecast can make you so happy.

I already had a spot on my cabinet set aside to display it
    Excellent!!!
    Glad to see that they've finally arrived dude, as I know exactly what you mean when you say that 'a little bit of plastic and die-cast' can make you so happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    Thanks, I picked that up in a youtube review. I've never handled Predaking or seen him irl before. I will tho I've just got to pay for it and pick it up from Jaydisc first!
    Ah!
    Clever, I never thought to look on Youtube.
    Cheers for pointing it out though dude, as it was a little frustrating that he would always fall over.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    amiami had mine wrapped in bubble wrap and then cushioned with paper.
    Yeah, same here.
    I'm very surprised that RK didn't have bubblewrap wrapped around the box, but then I guess I suspected that AmiAmi would have the foam like RK but meh, I guess I'm just glad that they arrived safe and sound.

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipes brother View Post
    Ill jump on this bandwagon. I actually think the box is really rubbish. It doesn't seal properly at the sides without stickytape to aid it.
    Glad to see I wasn't the only one here. At first I tried opeing up the flap with the hand thinking the middle would just slide out. Apparently not.

At least the contents were awesome, after all that's what we get them for!

Isn't it?