Thread: Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern First Look

foor is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern First Look

http://crimsonmonkey.com/previews/fi...green-lantern/

The "muscles" pattern on the costume is interesting...

The picture still looks very (bad) CGI or concept art.

I'm more intrigued/concerned about the "New Buffy" that's also mentioned on the cover. I hope they mean in the sense of "Twilight is like the new Buffy [it's not but you know teens, vampires etc] rather than "The New actress playing Buffy in a remake of the 1992 movie"...

i tink i read or heard somewhere that they are going to use cgi for the suit and not use an actual suit. not 100% sure though

I think it's the same CGI technology that Dreamworks used to create Megan Fox
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

So hed basically be wearing a blue film suit so they can render CGI to it? hmmm so what is this a movie of? Just Green lantern or is it JLA?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    hmmm so what is this a movie of? Just Green lantern or is it JLA?
    Green Lantern with the premise that they want to do JLA later on.

Personally, I can't stand the DC Universe, the only two characters I like are:

-Batman I love because he is just awesome (But at the end of the day he's just a well trained man with a lot of money ).
    -Mr. Manhattan because, well... in my mind, if there was ever to be a 'God' he is the closest being to being one (That guys powers would make even Apocalypse tremble).

Now, the only thing that has me curious about this movie is Ryan Reynolds.
    The guy is an awesome actor with a lot of range and comedy comes naturally to the bloke. I loved his portrayal of Deadpool and am looking forward to that movie greatly.

I can't say I know much about the Green Lantern apart from the ring being their source of power, all I can say is I hope that it's nothing like that supposedly 'Super' man who's allergic to his own planet ... The Hulk would totally own that guy!

I'm no Larntern buff but I assumed Hal Jordan is a bit of a dork, hardly captain personallity. So hows Reynolds only setting (dry sarcasm) gonna fit this?

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Personally, I can't stand the DC Universe, the only two characters I like are:

-Batman I love because he is just awesome (But at the end of the day he's just a well trained man with a lot of money ).
    -Mr. Manhattan because, well... in my mind, if there was ever to be a 'God' he is the closest being to being one (That guys powers would make even Apocalypse tremble).

Now, the only thing that has me curious about this movie is Ryan Reynolds.
    The guy is an awesome actor with a lot of range and comedy comes naturally to the bloke. I loved his portrayal of Deadpool and am looking forward to that movie greatly.

I can't say I know much about the Green Lantern apart from the ring being their source of power, all I can say is I hope that it's nothing like that supposedly 'Super' man who's allergic to his own planet ... The Hulk would totally own that guy!

Im no GL fan before but Ive always been a DC fan( JLA, WW- Perez era). When I read GL: Rebirth it piqued my interest in the characters then when Sinestro corps War 1 &2 came out the stories got better and better and I got more hooked. Then Came Blackest Night and now on to Brightest day - try reading these TPB in these order and youll find a very interesting ongoing story which is a very damn good tale and worth the read.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]