Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10202526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: August Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    ah okies, I like the simple wing decals though
    Looks much better than the Gentei version IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by kelvinchang99 View Post

In the Immortal words of Eric Cartman to Kenny McCormack:
    "God Damn I Hate You Kenny!" - JK.

Nice haul there Kelvin, I so want wave 2 and 3 of Generations to arrive over here already!

My acquisitions today come from RobotKingdom and BookDepository.com:

Masterpiece Grimlock
    Warman's Transformers: Field Guide

I must say, MP Grimmy arrived from RK damn bloody quick!
    From payment to arrival was less than a week, so I'm definitely going to purchase from RK again and would like to thank Kurdt for pointing out the $45 saving (compared to TRU Australia) and Griffin for reassuring me on shopping with RK.

In contrast, the Field Guide took 23 days to arrive after payment though I still am impressed with the prices of BookDepository.com and I'd like to thank Bartrim for pointing out the site, as I've also ordered Transformers: Exodus.

And for the sake of it, here is a comparison shot between G1 Grimlock and his Masterpiece upgrade:

I am digging the hell out of MP Grimmy - A truly awesome figure, regardless of his in-complexity (just the way Grimlock would have it IMO ).

lucky you Hurst..my 3 MP Grimlock got lost in the mail since 13 Aug!!! and it's been more than a week

Received Legacy of Unicron TPB from Book depository.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Hey Hursticon how were the books packaged?? Is it thich cardborad so it doesn't get trashed on the way??? I ordered some books from them too hope they turn up in good condition Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    lucky you Hurst..my 3 MP Grimlock got lost in the mail since 13 Aug!!! and it's been more than a week
    I noticed that thread, I'm really sorry to hear this Icey, nothing worse than figures MIA in the mail - I'm still waiting on a complete G1 Astrotrain from Nowra... 3 years and counting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Received Legacy of Unicron TPB from Book depository.
    Oh how I love free postage! will you be doing a review Bartrim?

Quote Originally Posted by primatives View Post
    Hey Hursticon how were the books packaged?? Is it thich cardborad so it doesn't get trashed on the way??? I ordered some books from them too hope they turn up in good condition Thanks
    The book was packaged really well in a Bubble-Wrap Satchel, no cardboard but then the book is extremely thick for it's size so that probably helped.
    The book looks brand new really and they seem to take real pride in their service, they are trying to compete with Amazon after all, so I reckon you should be in safe hands Primatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon
    That looks uncomfortable. Remind me never to use your lip balm.

Been busy moving from one side of Australia to another (absolutely loving Perth so far, what a brilliant city!) and after living in my new digs for less than a week, what arrived this morning? My first RK order while living in Perth of course (was sweating like a blindfolded lesbian in a fish shop thinking the below Animated toys would sell out before I could make my order )!

Package contained:
    -Hasbro MP Grimlock (gobsmacked by this toy like everyone else!)
    -Animated Ironhide
    -Animated Rodimus Minor
    -Generations Darkmount

I'll talk about Darkmount as he's not in full circulation just yet. Rest assured, this guy won't disappoint! His 3 firearms are interchangable and simply clip onto different handles on the figure - a neat little feature which adds a bit of extra play value. Unlike Galvatron, Darkmount does the whole deluxe sized tank thing so much better - He doesn't feel flimsy, his transformation is smooth and not too complicated and the bold blue and red colours make him stand out and look imperial.

Fans of ROTF Voyager Bludgeon (everyone, right? ) will also appreciate how they've integrated his melee weapon into the tank design, it's brilliantly done! Another feature I love are his forearms, probably because they look like Animated Ultra Magnuses only scaled down, with added detail and inverted colours. In short, buy this toy!

i been a bit slack, so here is most of what i have gotten this month

UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

G2 Hooligan was my favourite Transformer growing up.

God the Cyberjets were rad