Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Fansproject XF03!

Default New Fansproject XF03!

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...he-way-170440/

"On the last page is an interesting little feature showing the line of Fansprojects Crossfire products. Included is of course 01 (Superion) and 02 (Bruticus) but also there is a space for 03 (?). What could this be? The new combiner they are working on? Or perhaps Devastator will be getting the Fansproject treatment as well."

I really hope this is not an upgrade kit for Energon Constructicon Devastator as the price is far too high already but if it were a completely new Devastator, I'd be extremely happy
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

Maybe it will be an all-new combiner using the same connection ports? Energon Constructicon Maximus/Classics Devastator has not been around for quite a long time. I figure the reason the initial Crossfires were made because the Universe/ROTF Superion and Bruticus figures would be available in reasonable quantities by the time the upgrade sets were released.

edit: Also, it's probable Fansproject would know of TFC's own upcoming Devastator and avoid doing something with Energon/Classics Devastator themselves.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

I suspect that it's that Glacier bot release which will be FansProject's first product that isn't directly based on Transformers characters. Their first fully original toy characters.

As much as I would love a Constructicon Maximus upgrade, I doubt it would happen as that mold doesn't really allow much room to work with. Where do you incorporate the 6th Constructicon in the design? It works with Bruticus Maximus as he is originally a 5 team Scramble city combiner and that is what the Energon combiners are directly based on but not 6.

The only way that I can think of an upgrade for Constructicon Maximus is if the '6th' Constructicon ends up being a parts former which disassembles to add the extra bits on the combiner (new head, hands, feet, etc) but that would severely compromise the figure's design.

They could replace the central bot with two others (which would work because ostensibly the the Constructicons are meant to all be the same size).

However then you're left with duplicate limbs still.

I think because Devastator was such a small release, I doubt t will be an upgrade to them.

i cant wait to hear further news about this!!
    i would be extremely happy if it turns out to be classics/energon devastator (cos i have 2 of them atm and they fell down the fugly tree hitting every branch along the way).

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    As much as I would love a Constructicon Maximus upgrade, I doubt it would happen as that mold doesn't really allow much room to work with. Where do you incorporate the 6th Constructicon in the design? It works with Bruticus Maximus as he is originally a 5 team Scramble city combiner and that is what the Energon combiners are directly based on but not 6
    ahem... it has been done already (L_K's Classics Devastator)... based on energon/classics devastator. g1 look. 6 figures. engineering and details are just pure awesomeness!!!

kidbash/yourreflection have also attempted this upgrade kit. so anything is possible these days.

Quote Originally Posted by bruticus View Post
    i cant wait to hear further news about this!!
    i would be extremely happy if it turns out to be classics/energon devastator (cos i have 2 of them atm and they fell down the fugly tree hitting every branch along the way).

ahem... it has been done already (L_K's Classics Devastator)... based on energon/classics devastator. g1 look. 6 figures. engineering and details are just pure awesomeness!!!

kidbash/yourreflection have also attempted this upgrade kit. so anything is possible these days.
    I am still skeptical. FansProjects would need to produce not just two new bots but at least three (2 for center bot and 1 for a limb) to make it work. Perhaps a fourth would be necessary in order to make each limb unique.

It may be doable but it seems far too complex for a commercial mass released product. Naturally, I am of course hoping to be wrong as I would love a G1 upgrade for that set.

Venksta and some others in the know seem to believe this is that beast combiner, which we saw in art form way back. Venksta also said (if I understand correctly) that "Crossfire" actually refers to different designers working with Fansproject, rather than being specifically combiners.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

I don't see why it couldn't be a Devestator upgrade kit, people are presuming to much to think that they will do another Crossfire set, they might simply go for the option they did with the Arielbots and add some fists and feet.

Or maybe they will add two new bots to replace the duplicate arms, I don't see them replacing the torso with two new bots outside of fan fantasies. Fans Projects seem to be about upgrading rather than outright replacing everything with more accurate stuff, I think if they do add new combiner bots their focus would be on replacing cloned limbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I don't see why it couldn't be a Devestator upgrade kit, people are presuming to much to think that they will do another Crossfire set, they might simply go for the option they did with the Arielbots and add some fists and feet.

Or maybe they will add two new bots to replace the duplicate arms, I don't see them replacing the torso with two new bots outside of fan fantasies. Fans Projects seem to be about upgrading rather than outright replacing everything with more accurate stuff, I think if they do add new combiner bots their focus would be on replacing cloned limbs.
    You're dead right Lord Zed, they probably would do exactly what you said but what IMO is preventing them from doing that is the fact that, compared to the Aerialbots and Combaticons, the Constructicons saw quite a limited release (Online exclusive if memory serves, at least a TRU exclusive) apart from their original run.

The Aerialbots and Combaticons had their original run, Classics/Universe 2.0 and ROTF - so there was much more of a chance of more people owning more of those two sets, making it more financially viable for Fansproject to make kits for them and less likely the Constructicons.

Mind you, they could very well be making the next Crossfire kit for the Constructicons and if they are, there is going to be a lot of annoyed people at the lack of availability of the base set courtesy of Hasbro.