Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Most disappointing TF purchase?

Default Most disappointing TF purchase?

What is/was yours?

Paid $30 for ROTF DEluxe Evac. I facepalmed so badly after 5 mins play with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    AND OMG I GOT THE TITLE SPELLING WRONG
    Sorry SkyWarp , had to lol at that one.

For me, my most disappointing purchase was PCC Bombshock & The Combaticons.
    I thought: "I've bought PCC Smoulder, he's pretty cool, so anything with the Combaticon name has got to be better?..." - Let's just say I was very wrong.

It's nice having limbs for Smoulder, but PCC Bombshock & The Combaticons, IMO, are complete Slag!
    When my FansProject Bruticus Upgrade kits arrive, the True Successor to the Combaticon name will show Bombshock and his drones what happens to those who don a moniker ill-befitting of them!
    (I'll definitely be posting pics of the slaughter... YES!)
    Last edited by Hursticon; 11th September 2010 at 03:47 AM.

What? Come on! Blazemaster and Evac are excellent! :/ I'm serious, I must be the only person on this board who likes this mold. And his cute little face!

ahem.

A lot of the movie styled tfs have been pretty dissapointing, but the worst for me didn't come from this line.

It's Cybertron Scattorshot (scout). I got him in a 3pack and expected him to be bad, just not that bad. First off, I definitely like transformers with knees. Visually, he looks awful all round, doesn't stay together in vehicle mode. Massive, mostly useless backpack and oversized missiles that don't look as though they match the toy at all.

The one redeeming feature on Scattorshot is his Autobot symbol on his hand. If there's one place to tattoo your allegiance, it's your goddamn fist.

Has to be Movie Scorponok. lamest robot mode and conversion ever! Looks good in scorpion mode thought. This is the toy that made me think 'does he really have to transform?'.

In my eyes he's the ambassador for non-transforming transformers

Combiner Class Devastator.

Reasons:

+ Rip off! This toy originally retailed for close to $200 and I got it on sale for $97 and still felt massively ripped off. I've heard US fans who bought it for $70 and still complained about it being a rip off. This toy is appallingly poor value for money.

+ With no individual robot modes this toy is by far the suckiest Transformers gestalt ever made

+ I thought sacrificing the robot modes was done in order to make the engineering and design of the toy otherwise better. Boy was I wrong. The sculpting is ridiculously underwhelming - feeling more like PlaySkool toys. The paint apps are also unimpressive (there's some nice airbrushing in some places, but it's not enough to save the overall look of the toys or set). The engineering... again, quite PlaySkool - and Long Haul and Rampage's engineering is positively Happy Meal grade. I like Happy Meal Transformers. Happy Meal Transformers only cost two bucks a pop.

+ The NOM! NOM! gimmick was fun for a while but got old fast. The sound gimmick is just freakin' annoying -- I took the batteries out of mine. It's way more annoying than Energon Scorponok's sound gimmick!

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega
    In my eyes he's the ambassador for non-transforming transformers
    While Moofie Scorponok's robot mode is incredibly lame - I wouldn't go as far as accusing him of being an Action Master. At least he does transform... and his transformation is more complex than say an Action Master Elite. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91
    AND OMG I GOT THE TITLE SPELLING WRONG
    It sounds funny if you read it in a Borat voice. "Combiner Class Devastator is pains in my @$$hole."

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    What? Come on! Blazemaster and Evac are excellent! :/ I'm serious, I must be the only person on this board who likes this mold. And his cute little face!

ahem.

A lot of the movie styled tfs have been pretty dissapointing, but the worst for me didn't come from this line.

It's Cybertron Scattorshot (scout). I got him in a 3pack and expected him to be bad, just not that bad. First off, I definitely like transformers with knees. Visually, he looks awful all round, doesn't stay together in vehicle mode. Massive, mostly useless backpack and oversized missiles that don't look as though they match the toy at all.

The one redeeming feature on Scattorshot is his Autobot symbol on his hand. If there's one place to tattoo your allegiance, it's your goddamn fist.
    Though the Blazemaster/Evac mold may look cute, as a TF the trasformation I found to be very dissapointing/frustrating.

For me, it has to be ultra class powerglide from the universe line.

I got powerglide from TRU for $35 - very underwhelming. I should have stuck to my instincts to not get it.

After I opened up and transformed the figure- I really tried to like it. But I just felt ripped off.

Made me hate electronic gimmicks- don't care for them.
    Transformation and alt mode is ok, but the bot mode just looks crap.
    Add to the fact I don't think he fits in with the rest of the classics/universe- he's too big. No wonder these guys shelf warmed so much.

Onslaught is another one, but i got it for $25 so I feel less ripped, and the fact he looks better. Guess I dont like ultra class figs- unless they made appropriately sized characters in that size and nix the gimmicks- which isn't happening, and not enlarge random characters.

So glad I looked at the review for silverbolt- glad I didnt pick that up...

I bought that massive Cybertron Starscream at full price.

It wasn't worth it.

ROTF Rampage. A big pile of plastic crap
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503