Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iGear MGT-01 Delicate Warrior Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    BBTS has some in stock. IMO the heads look a little crappy.
    Yeh I noticed these too when hunting for the iGear "Arcee" on BBTS. at $70US I can't justify having them, despite being a huge series 3 G1 fanatic.

Spent a bit of time looking at iGear vs Impossible toys take on arcee - I must admit the iGear design does her G1 character more justice. Haven't been able to find one for under $100US though, so I might give it a miss.

I'd pounce on a third party custom based on the G1 prototype though

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/5/58/G1ArceeProto.jpg

The review pretty much sums up what I thought, the Igear one is getter on the classics shelf, while the Impossible toys one should hang out with G1.

The Igear one is tempting, but ultimately too expensive for me.

My first couple of these arrived yesterday. Here's what I emailed a couple of interested friends:

Also, got my 2 retail Delicate Warriors (not the case of 10) and they're a VAST improvement over*Impossible Toys. It's night and day. Plastic quality is superior. Joints are tight. Paint isn't shit, and is much more vibrant. Articulation is outstanding; the stand is a nice touch. She's a much better Classics fit then the other too, although that's probably phrased as a much better FansProject fit. In other words, she looks great next to Defender, not so much Rodimus, but hopefully Protector will sort that out. And I expect City Commander to fit in well too.
    Happy to answer any questions. I should have an ETA on the other 10 I ordered by the end of next week.

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    Yeh I noticed these too when hunting for the iGear "Arcee" on BBTS. at $70US I can't justify having them, despite being a huge series 3 G1 fanatic.

Spent a bit of time looking at iGear vs Impossible toys take on arcee - I must admit the iGear design does her G1 character more justice. Haven't been able to find one for under $100US though, so I might give it a miss.

I'd pounce on a third party custom based on the G1 prototype though

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/5/58/G1ArceeProto.jpg
    Is that an ACTUAL proto, or a fanmade custom? I thought it was based on the headmaster car.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Is that an ACTUAL proto, or a fanmade custom? I thought it was based on the headmaster car.
    I'm pretty sure that's legitimate concept art of her G1 toy. I wasn't aware that the original toy was based on the headmaster series. That would've been fairly awesome-o

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's legitimate concept art of her G1 toy. I wasn't aware that the original toy was based on the headmaster series. That would've been fairly awesome-o
    That is a prototype, but it was very early in the planning stages, and I don't believe it actually transformed. Reillyd, I suspect what you might be thinking of is that G1 Chromedome was potentially going to be recoloured and released as Arcee and Daniel. Which they should still do if they ever rerelease Chromedome - a G1 Arcee would be the most awesome eHobby release ever.

Having had this figure for a week on my desk, I can't say enough how awesome it is. While the alt mode and transformations are close to the same, the attention to detail, the sculpt are infinitely superior to the Impossible Toys one. The white and pink bring life to the toy. The light-piping is innovatively implemented as part of the ears.

If you want a definitive Arcee, this is it. It is pricey but the toy feels like a premium toy once it's in your hands courtesy of the acute attention to detail.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    If you want a definitive Arcee, this is it. It is pricey but the toy feels like a premium toy once it's in your hands courtesy of the acute attention to detail.
    Too right STL!
    I received mine today, courtesy of fellow member Jaydisc, which was a very welcomed suprise as I've got a stinking cold and MGT-01 Delicate Warrior (Now Classicsverse Arcee) really brightened up my day.

Her Alt mode looks just beautiful, fitting in right next to all the other Classicsverse cars albeit slightly more futuristic.
    Her transformation, whilst nothing terribly complicated, is intricate enough that it certainly qualifies to be considered more than just a simple Scout Class transformation.
    The trickiest bit I found was probably the placement of the Backpack and chest.

Her Bot mode fits right in with every other Classicsverse figure, with truly superb articulation, well placed colour dispersion and very intriguing use of light piping.
    Her shape and silhouette have often been described as quite manly or Amazonian, which is completely the opposite as she is the most feminine looking bot since Beast Wars Transmetal 2 Black Arachnia.

All in all, a great figure that has been handmade and to perfection.
    Yes she fetches a slightly higher price tag, at $110.00 for a deluxe it certainly calls one to question it but in my opinion - you'd be nuts to want to purchase any other 3rd party Arcee figure, as I really can't recommend her enough.

Don't wait around for something that HasTakTom haven't delivered in 27 years and shows little to no sign of producing in the next 27 years - Pickup an MGT-01 Delicate Warrior Today!

Here are some pictures of my MGT-01: Delicate Warrior -

Last edited by Hursticon; 1st March 2011 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Broken Image Link Repair