Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: KO: Gentei Skywarp/Thundercracker/Mirage + Botcon 2007 Mirage+ Ghost Starscream

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle
    All things considered, I recommend this KO to people who don't have Thundercracker and can't afford him. And I hope this review helps those of you who want to know the difference.
    Bugger that... I'd rather NOT have the toy than accept a knock off.

Quote Originally Posted by kup
    Overall it seems that the KO is of superior quality than the legit item.
    Doesn't change the fact that it's a fake. I'd rather have a not-so-well made legit toy than a 'superior' counterfeit.

Oh well, that review does point out quite well the differences between the KO and legit figures and help consumers make an informed purchase decision.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

Doesn't change the fact that it's a fake. I'd rather have a not-so-well made legit toy than a 'superior' counterfeit.

Oh well, that review does point out quite well the differences between the KO and legit figures and help consumers make an informed purchase decision.
    I agree with Goki here, I too would rather not own the toy than knowingly purchase a knock off - to me it's just as bad as theft, maybe over cooking it a little but that's how I feel.
    Now, that being said I appreciate the review as it's a really good resource to have - knowing what to look out for is always a hand and I'd actually like to see more reviews of KO figures.

at the im trying to get a ultra magnus vs skywarp pack and waiting on hasbro to release a generations thundercracker.

thankfully i managed to get generations thrust and dirge for $20 each.

strafe i paid $70 for which probably at most i would want to pay for these exclusives but i really dont see myself buying wildrider at those insane prices on ebay - which is also the reason why i havent been able to buy the gentei seekers because once again, scalpers want $100+ for each of them and then there's american sellers who don't want to ship to australia so really trying to buy exclusive Transformers off the secondary market is really heartbreaking sometimes.

it would have been nice if they weren't exclusive and just released normally.

so personally, if hasbro hadn't release the generations toys, i'd have bought these KO's and if people cant afford those stupid ebay prices they should go for it if they want to

if you buy these, you shouldn't feel like they're fake everytime you see them - its just a toy in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    if you buy these, you shouldn't feel like they're fake everytime you see them - its just a toy in the end.
    I totally agree with you Kaiden, if people want to buy the KOs then they should - don't let other's opinions influence your own.

For me though, if I was to buy a KO, I know myself that I could never look at it without thinking "It's Fake" - that's just me and I'm the same with regards to Reissues.
    I also agree though that financially some may only have the option of KOs or Reissues, hence why I've got a couple reissues myself, the rarity of a particular figure is also a factor but anyway.

So if any one does decide to purchase a KO figure of any type - Please consider reviewing it and post pics or post a link to a review if you know of one.
    Even those who'll never knowingly choose to buy a KO will appreciate it as we'll know what to look out for.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

I am just pointing out that it's a sad day when the KO is superior to the real deal.

I would actually feel a bit annoyed as a customer who has spend so much money and time on Takara-Tomy products to see a 'cheap rip-off' being better than their own limited release exclusive product.

the problem i have with KO is they're getting pricey as well. It's a fake. It should be at least half the price of the orig release (not the raised prices).

Look at the chinese counterfeit shoes, it's like $30-40 versus $100 or more. If a KO is priced high as well just because their originals are at an insanely high value now on ebay, I wouldn't buy it.
    Last edited by jazzcomp; 12th November 2010 at 07:40 AM.
    LF: G1/Henkei/SOC/others
    For Sale/Trade:Misc TF Sale
    Want List: WSTs, SCF PVCs, Henkei, Classics

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    So if any one does decide to purchase a KO figure of any type - Please consider reviewing it and post pics or post a link to a review if you know of one.
    Even those who'll never knowingly choose to buy a KO will appreciate it as we'll know what to look out for.
    The best online resource is http://www.highendtfs.com. This also has links to reviews for most KO's.

There are a few active members that dabble in the 'black art' of KO collection (I have a couple myself) who would be able to answer most questions not covered by highendtfs. The Transformer Variants site is also useful to some degree when trying to ID a KO.

EDIT: Just noticed that TFW has revamped their site to include a KO and Third Party section.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    The best online resource is http://www.highendtfs.com. This also has links to reviews for most KO's.

There are a few active members that dabble in the 'black art' of KO collection (I have a couple myself) who would be able to answer most questions not covered by highendtfs. The Transformer Variants site is also useful to some degree when trying to ID a KO.

EDIT: Just noticed that TFW has revamped their site to include a KO and Third Party section.
    Cheers 5FDP for the links mate, very helpful indeed.
    It's a pity that OTCA doesn't have a front end site like TFW2005 - I can understand why though as it would be quite costly and would require constant and heavy maintenance.
    I like their new look, much more efficient loading too, I'll have to give their KO section a good perusing.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    it would have been nice if they weren't exclusive and just released normally.
    +1 QFT!!

Hasbro... Takara... for failing to release all the Classicsverse Seekers as regular store figures, see me in my office after school.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden
    so personally, if hasbro hadn't release the generations toys, i'd have bought these KO's and if people cant afford those stupid ebay prices they should go for it if they want to

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I totally agree with you Kaiden, if people want to buy the KOs then they should - don't let other's opinions influence your own.

For me though, if I was to buy a KO, I know myself that I could never look at it without thinking "It's Fake" - that's just me and I'm the same with regards to Reissues.
    I also agree though that financially some may only have the option of KOs or Reissues, hence why I've got a couple reissues myself, the rarity of a particular figure is also a factor but anyway.

Just because it's "only" a toy, doesn't make the counterfeit any less illegitimate. A high quality fake is still a fake.

I wouldn't go so far to say that people "should" buy KOs if they want to (because it is still a form of theft of intellectual property). People can buy KOs if they want to, but I personally wouldn't go so far as to say that they should (because saying "should" implies that you're endorsing/recommending it - whereas "can" sounds more neutral).

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    the problem i have with KO is they're getting pricey as well. It's a fake. It should be at least half the price of the orig release (not the raised prices).

Look at the chinese counterfeit shoes, it's like $30-40 versus $100 or more. If a KO is priced high as well just because their originals are at an insanely high value now on ebay, I wouldn't buy it.
    As much as I may not agree with it, I can understand why people would want to buy a KO where it's a lot cheaper than the original. But paying for a KO that's more expensive than the original? (and I've heard that there are quite a few TF KOs that are dearer than the original) -- that's kuh-razy!

I have no real interest in the exclusive figures like Ghost Starscream and Botcon Mirage, so they are an easy pass for me. As for TC, I bought a Gentei version a little while back. Set me back $110, but it was worth it to have the final Classic seeker. I'd previously bought Thrust and Dirge for $150 for the pair. I can see the draw to buy KO's, but just like with Hursty, I will always look at it and know it's a fake. I'd rather have a legit figure.

And the whole "this TC is of better quality than the official release" is just crap to me. Yea mine had a problem with guns falling out of his arms, but that was an easy fix. Shouldn't have to do that, but I am willing to with an official figure.