Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sightings = Private?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Since these days it's cheaper to buy most toys online than in shops anyway, I'd say the scalpers are welcome to them. Let them scalp all the $250 Masterpiece Ghost Starscreams they can carry.
    Too right dude!

Personally, I don't think scalpers have even existed since the '07 Movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Since these days it's cheaper to buy most toys online than in shops anyway, I'd say the scalpers are welcome to them. Let them scalp all the $250 Masterpiece Ghost Starscreams they can carry.
    This.

Imagine what the re-sell price would be

$500 for a the rarest of the rare starscreams

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    Imagine what the re-sell price would be

$500 for a the rarest of the rare starscreams
    I truly wouldn't put it past some of them dude, isn't it funny though how almost every TF auction on eBay has the word Rare somewhere in the ad?

A little to the left... a little bit more...

It's funny that this question was raised, as I was thinking about this the other day...

Many of the Oz forums that I'm on (non-TF related) have Private Sightings Sections. In fact, I think it's unusual that Ozformers' Sightings Sections are public... not that I'm complaining. I find it frustrating when I have to sign up just to see where a toy might be.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    After reading the comments I take back my comment regarding lurkers - they're not bad if they are genuine collectors of TFs - they just beat me to the hunt
    That might have been me

I've used the sightings section to keep track of releases for years now. It really helps because I'm far too lazy to go out looking more than once a week. Plus I've been trying to reciprocate as well.

Making it private might help if this community was five times larger, then people might start butting heads over floor stock and who gets what. Thankfully that's not the case and people here actually help one another.

Heh heh, I once bought almost every Generations figure Big W had once. When drift first came out I got WFC Prime, Bumblebee, a Drift for me and another for a friend. There was nothing left but a Thrust. A few kids were there too and I just walked straight past em with five figures, makes me wonder what went through their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by spooniebeard View Post
    A few kids were there too and I just walked straight past em with five figures, makes me wonder what went through their heads.
    'So that's where all the new toys go'