Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hi

I have been a bit of lurker here but been a long time transformer fan. Luckily my girlfriend doesn't mind me collecting transformers since her dad used to collect model cars.

I am a big fan of the original G1 cartoon series and Masterforce so my collecting has been around these two series. I have really enjoyed the Classics/Generations line since it revamps a lot of the characters that I was fond of.

The one thing that does annoy me about collecting is the randomness of the current waves and having to visit various shopping centres to see what is out (Chatswood, Macquarie Centre, Warringah Mall etc.). Although, I may have solved this with an online store in Perth... touch wood.

I tend to just collect the transformers that transform into vehicles as to me big robotic animals/monsters that transforms into big robots doesnt fit in the whole robots in disguise theme. I do have an exception for the dinobots though.

Unfortunately for my wallet I tend to buy enough versions to display the toys in each mode - so I ended up with 3 Overlords - one for robot, base and vehicle. It is partly to do with the fact I suck at transforming and am paranoid about breaking the toys when I transform them. So having them in each mode means I dont need to transform them in the future.

My favourite transformer was soundwave - the whole cassette thing was very cool as a kid.
    My favourite toy transformer is Slugslinger - for some reason I just like how it looks, colours and all - I have 7. I also like the combiners - especially Defensor and Menasor.
    Rarest Transformers - I have a set of AFA Dino Cassettes, a MISB Artfire, MIB Black Shadow, Diaclone Swoop, Red Face Slag and the Japanese Maximus Brothers (Fort and Grand) MIB.
    Still Need: G1 Chromedome, G1 Hardhead, G1 Wreck-gar, Masterforce Minelba/Minerva, Masterforce Go-Shooter. Once I get these, I can just focus on current stuff

I also collect the Transformers IDW comics and like how they bring in characters from all the various line together such as Overlord and Black Shadow even for a couple of panels!

Anyway hopefuly I'll see a few of you around.

Regards
    Robert

Welcome aboard robwin1974.
    Soundwave superior. All others inferior!

Mabuhay! and Welcome, welcome!! Yes G1 FTW!!
    Another lurker has been converted yaaay!
    When you get time, do post your collection pics pls, in the Grapple's section We love seeing collections here. 3 Overlords..... hmmm Im still trying to get even one, the price for him just soared sky high ... even more when the recent Wreckers storyline got out. ooooh Dinocassettes ei, niiiiice!! Guess we have those to add in the what are we missing thread... and Artfire too!! picspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspics!!!

and if your not busy on Feb 20 you can come to the Parramatta toy fair and `attend the quarterly group meet-up too

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Welcome to the boards.

Soundwave indeed is the best And you have 3 Overlords? And Dino Cassettes? Lucky you. Definitely post your collection sometime, we would love to see it. And as Liege alluded to, there is a quaterly meet at the Parramatta toy fair if you were interested in going

Quote Originally Posted by robwin1974 View Post
    I tend to just collect the transformers that transform into vehicles as to me big robotic animals/monsters that transforms into big robots doesnt fit in the whole robots in disguise theme. I do have an exception for the dinobots though.
    My favourite transformer was soundwave - the whole cassette thing was very cool as a kid.
    Completely agree with you on both points
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Dino cassettes and Diaclone Swoop?!
    Welcome to the board.

Mabuhay and welcome

I tend to just collect the transformers that transform into vehicles as to me big robotic animals/monsters that transforms into big robots doesnt fit in the whole robots in disguise theme.
    That's one reason why I love Beast Wars - unlike G1, their beast modes did look like robots in disguise instead of just being robotic animals. Of course, Beast Wars went back to robotic animal modes with the Transmetals - which proved to be not too popular with fans in Japan where lots of people complained that they weren't robots in disguise, thus the Japanese Beast Wars Neo line featured more realistic looking animal modes.

Beast Wars Transformers' alt modes can work as robots in disguise (like when Inferno fired upon a real tiger (Nightstalker), confusing her for Tigatron etc.), the beast-moded G1 Transformers' animal modes aren't fooling anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by robwin1974
    I do have an exception for the dinobots though.
    And how frequently frustrated were the Dinobots because Optimus Prime frequently refused to let them wander around Earth or put them into service because their alt modes simply failed them as disguises. They got pret-ty miffed with that! Although the G1 Insecticons' alt modes kinda worked cos they were able to mass-shift down to the size of actual insects (in the Marvel Comics), and at that size they were able to buzz about without drawing attention to themselves... sticking cerebro shells into human brains... mmm... zombie fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by robwin
    I also collect the Transformers IDW comics and like how they bring in characters from all the various line together such as Overlord and Black Shadow even for a couple of panels!
    I really like how IDW's Overlord is Hasbro's Overlord (1991), and not Takara's (1988)! That's pretty damn cool considering that Hasbro's Overlord NEVER had any canonical appearance before Last Stand of the Wreckers; and is arguably cooler than his Japanese counterpart.

Bar Weep Gwar-Nar Weep Nini Bon!
    Greetings and Welcome to OZFormers.

Indeed, by the sounds of things you've an amazing collection of which a number of members would very much like to see pics of.
    Soundwave is also my favourite, he is superior after all , G1 Transformer too!

Thanks for the welcome.

I will take some pics tonight and try and upload them.

Regards
    Robert