Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Prime cartoon reviews/comments (spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    I'll keep watching but Prime isn't doing anything for me at the moment. I think it's biggest problem (horrendous designs aside) is that it takes itself far too seriously. It's just not that fun at all.
    I think there are plenty of light hearted moments to break up the tension and seriousness, like Ratchet saying to Optimus that if he leaves him stranded on Earth by himself surrounded by humans, that he'll never forgive him - or Agent Fowler's delirium ("Soldier you're out of uniform, put some pants on!") - Miko actually questioning the improbability of Raf's "leet haxxor" skills ("You're like... two!") etc. And there's plenty of kick-bum action to entertain too. It's no where NEAR as bad as Beast Machines which, while revolving around a sophisticated and philosophical plotline, was also chock full of emo angst; not to mention spending nearly the entire first season with lots and lots and lots of running away from Vehicons. Join us next week to see the Maximals run away from more Vehicons. And did we forget to tell you that the seeds of the future are lied buried the past? We did tell you that the seeds of the future are buried in the past, right? Cool. So yeah, don't forget that the seeds of the future are buried in the past.

I also loved how in TFA the Decepticons were a real threat, even Starscream could really hold his own against the whole team of Autobots making for exciting viewing. In this show, every fight seems to consist of the Autobots against wave after wave of generic clones, meanwhile, Big Girls Blouse & Mrs Pantyhose AKA Starscream & Megatron sit in the background shining their breastplates.
    Despite my pet peeves with Animated, they did handle the Decepticons extremely well. I think that Transformers is at it's best when you have a good balance of interesting characters on both factions. Transformers is also at it's best when it doesn't take itself too seriously and there is a good balance between fun and seriousness with a natural flow between the two in the story. Marvel G1 managed it and so did Beast Wars and arguably the G1 cartoon too despite the cheesy 80s plots.

In recent times, another fictional story that has managed to balance out the seriousness and the fun is War for Cybertron. The situation and the war was serious but the G1 quirky characters were fun like Breakdown and Warpath and their interaction with the more serious characters made it funny and balanced out the atmosphere.

Prime may develop into something a little bit more like that but I am not holding my breath but will give it a shot. Despite it all, it is still the best fiction out there and IMO it had a better start than Animated.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I think there are plenty of light hearted moments to break up the tension and seriousness, like Ratchet saying to Optimus that if he leaves him stranded on Earth by himself surrounded by humans, that he'll never forgive him - or Agent Fowler's delirium ("Soldier you're out of uniform, put some pants on!") - Miko actually questioning the improbability of Raf's "leet haxxor" skills ("You're like... two!") etc. And there's plenty of kick-bum action to entertain too. It's no where NEAR as bad as Beast Machines which, while revolving around a sophisticated and philosophical plotline, was also chock full of emo angst; not to mention spending nearly the entire first season with lots and lots and lots of running away from Vehicons. Join us next week to see the Maximals run away from more Vehicons. And did we forget to tell you that the seeds of the future are lied buried the past? We did tell you that the seeds of the future are buried in the past, right? Cool. So yeah, don't forget that the seeds of the future are buried in the past.
    For me, the humour that is there (particularly from those loathsome human characters) feels forced and out of place. It ruins any kind of intruiging darker atmosphere that was there, and reminds us all we're meant to be 10 years old.

For me, the humour that is there (particularly from those loathsome human characters) feels forced and out of place. It ruins any kind of intruiging darker atmosphere that was there, and reminds us all we're meant to be 10 years old.
    IMO that is typical of Orci's and Kurtzman's writing. You saw that sort of 'out of place' humor in Star Trek and in TF1 & 2 although in the latter it was more crude (Bay).

http://www.rlslog.net/transformers-p...d5-1-x264-etp/

eps1-5 in 720p hdtv quality for those that need it.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    http://www.rlslog.net/transformers-p...d5-1-x264-etp/

eps1-5 in 720p hdtv quality for those that need it.
    Can't access the site from work - are they .mkv files?
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Can't access the site from work - are they .mkv files?
    Yep, they sure are dude.
    Are you able to use .mkv files?

Cheers Kaiden!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Yep, they sure are dude.
    Are you able to use .mkv files?
    Thanks Hursty Yeah, .mkv files are no good to me
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Thanks Hursty Yeah, .mkv files are no good to me
    Try this then dude, it'll play literally, near-on anything.
    I don't use any other media player to watch videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Try this then dude, it'll play literally, near-on anything.
    I don't use any other media player to watch videos.
    Thanks buddy. I'd want to play them on my PS3 however I need the files to be either .mp4 or .avi. Unfortunately .mkv files don't work with a PS3.
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks