Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Prime cartoon reviews/comments (spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    + Sparkplug Witwicky (comics only, cartoon Sparkplug was freakishly smart - being able to repair Cybertronians on par with Wheeljack and Ratchet. He even BUILT an Autobot shell once! How does someone this smart end up as an oil rig worker? Or a mechanic... or whatever the hell his job's meant to be)
    Simple... the money. Why else does anyone like working on an oil rig?

"I do this job because the pay is good, the scenery changes and they let me play with explosives" - Steve Buscemi in Armageddon
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

An Interesting start. And a few unexpected twists (Cliffjumper!! Nooo!) I enjoyed it and the only things I had a problem with were that the Japanese girl sounded Russian and Bulkhead could have just as easily been Ironhide.
    But here's hoping it last longer than Animated.

When Arcee referred to the Decepticon cars as "twins" I started looking at them as new incarnations of Runabout and Runamuck. Try it: it makes the scene a bit more interesting than thinking of them as drones.

The scene where Arcee drops Cliffjumper, and he bonces off the floors was pretty brutal, for a kids view. They could have just as easily pulled away for that. But I still enjoyed it. I will watchi this show. I may even decide whether to watch the series' that I missed (everything after Beast Wars )

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Simple... the money. Why else does anyone like working on an oil rig?
    Well he sure ain't spending his money on new clothes. Or buttons. Maybe he faked his own death after Season 2 and went off with a harem of hawt mistresses. Sure beats babysitting his loser of a grandson.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1
    The scene where Arcee drops Cliffjumper, and he bonces off the floors was pretty brutal, for a kids view. They could have just as easily pulled away for that. But I still enjoyed it. I will watchi this show. I may even decide whether to watch the series' that I missed (everything after Beast Wars )
    It's still not half as brutal as half the stuff that happened to Waspinator when you think about it. It probably feels worse because Waspinator's horrific deaths were portrayed in a non-serious slapstick manner -- and of course, he'd always be back in one piece by the next episode. No surprise as to why everyone compares Waspinator with South Park's Kenny.

As I'm reading all the comments posted so far, I can't believe how many people like it! I personally, was horrified. I don't know much about animation, but I felt like it was unfinished, almost like a project done by some Uni student. IMO even Beast Wars animation sh#ts cosmic tons all over this, at least aesthetically. And the mouths... I-I cant even look at Prime. Not at all. Every scene he was in I had to look away because it freaked me out. Not to mention his dramatic speeches every time he speaks. Criiiinge.
    Plus the overly cinematic music, bumblebee talking in crappy electronic noise, soundwave basically being a drone, annoying token humans, and generally everything I can think of.

I have to say, I can't think of anything I enjoyed. At all. Sad face.

Quote Originally Posted by Towers_Spy View Post
    I don't know much about animation, but I felt like it was unfinished, almost like a project done by some Uni student. IMO even Beast Wars animation sh#ts cosmic tons all over this, at least aesthetically.
    ^ This *nods in agreement*

I was saying the same thing when they first aired the promos but held some hope that they were unfinished. Looks like that was the final animation.

I'll still watch it tomorrow night... it's almost xmas and there is nothing else on anyway
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    ^ This *nods in agreement*

I was saying the same thing when they first aired the promos but held some hope that they were unfinished. Looks like that was the final animation.

I'll still watch it tomorrow night... it's almost xmas and there is nothing else on anyway
    I know ay, what happened to all the cartoons I used to watch as a kid? They show one or 2 and that's it. Sux.

But who knows, could be like BW and make it better as they went along

Hmm...

Characters -
    Cliffjumper: Meh, I liked that he was killed off (Stupid Dwayne 'The'Sellout' Johnson) as it shows that they are clearly going to have a similar writing approach that Beast Wars had i.e. not afraid to pull the right punches as there is too many cartoons these days that are way to 'kiddy' if that makes sense.

Bumblebee: Not fussed by the fact he doesn't talk, it puts a different spin on things plus who cares really anyway, he's just a character that get's under foot.

Arcee: Really well done I thought, glad that she's not pink too because I think she'll be more appealing as a character to male kids.

Ratchet: Is where the comedy gold is, agree that he is a good amalgamation of the many Ratchets and Ratchet-like characters that preceded him.

Bulkhead: Is indeed a better version of the Animated character, having a bungling idiot for purely slapstick purposes get's old quick.

Optimus: Not a fan of the face but meh, he's an Optimus and makes up for it in pure 'Çan't Touch This' battle style.

Eradicons: Glad that they aren't just simple fodder for the Autobots, I've always hated that whole 'Ánonymous Henchman' approach to filling in the ranks.

Starscream: The personality is spot on, not too sure about the voice though as he sounds... I dunno, too sinister?

Soundwave: Intrigued but concerned, I don't know how people mistook him for female - the T-800 has being pulling voice tricks since '84 guys , he seems to have a lack of a face and I'm concerned about him not having a proper voice like Bumblebee, they've got Welker just give him his G1 voice.

Megatron: So much awesome-sauce it's not funny, Evil? Check, Welker? Check, Personality? Check, Look? Check!

Overall-
    The shows good, the CG is very stylised so that's ok with the character design reflecting this too and I've no doubt that the 'émptyness' feeling one gets from the open environments will change once they move past the initial 5 ep pilot stage.

The mood, setting and writing is envoking quite a bit of Beast Wars which is great for me because I liked the fact that the show is clearly not going to be aimed squarely at kids 5 and under. Those who think that these 2 eps have been too scary for kids... - I really don't know how you come to that conclusion, I mean fancy an Evil character looking scary? or Oh no a character died? Guys, trying to hide kids from the factor of Death is just silly, I'm not a parent but I believe that wrapping blankets around everything that a child comes into contact with just causes them more problems later.
    (Spare a thought for those who grew up in the various Plague eras or WWI/II)

The characters I think need more time to be fleshed out but from what I've seen so far I reckon it's heading in the right direction albeit with a few giving to the stylised take on things.

The human characters are alright, I like that the Human Lead is paired with Arcee for a change and that the Asian Girl is a Metal Head is also Awesome!
    The little bloke who's this wiz... eh?, I've seen plenty of characters before like this and yeah it's a bit lazy I guess but if it works, why not?

All in all I think this show is taking the best of what has come before, putting it in a visual vehicle that works and is contemporary, appeals to a broader audience and sets the franchise up for an immediate future without a film to rely upon. I like the writing and tone as I think the cartoon will need to appeal to more than just 5 year olds in order to be a continued success and I personaly hope that this show lasts longer than 3 seasons.

I look forward to seeing more of this series but will be reserving final judgement for later, this show may just finally be...
    "More Than Meets The Eye!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    was it just me or did it seem like every time prime spoke it was a "big speech" this might be the last time i have anything to say speach or they may take our homes but they will never take our freedom speech......
    heheheh Well First there's MINICON BUmBlebee, now there's.... Eulogy Prime!!!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]