Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Prime cartoon reviews/comments (spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    While Mainframe's work had much better facial animation (which was their strength), the CG work in Prime is generally better in every other area compared to Beast Wars and Beast Machines.
    Seems we have a difference of opinion.

Advancement in technology doesn't necessarily mean a better product.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    Personally, I didn't like this.

The story is as badly written as the bay movies. Optimus Prime talks too much crap and needs a good punch in the face.
    I don't think it's as bad as the weak points in the Bay movies. Some things Prime (so far) has that I prefer over the live action movies include:
    + No where near as much time focused on humans. The live action movies have so many scenes focused on humans you sometimes forget that the film is about Transformers!
    + No lewd humour based on humping or drugs etc.
    + Jack isn't desperate to get laid like Sam, and Miko isn't as objectified as Mikaela.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden
    Cliffjumper was a so-so cameo.
    His (and Arcee's) appearance makes a bit more sense if you've read the comics. But there were plenty of "hi then die" characters in G1.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden
    The way they made Bumblebee is stupid and humans are annoying as hell. Especially the when that little kid helped Ratchet with the computer thing at the base.
    I don't find this Bumblebee anywhere near as annoying as Animated Bumblebee. Silence is gold, eh. And yeah, the scene where Rafael just happened to fix the Autobots' computer systems was a tad too convenient and terribly cliched... but it's no worse than G1's Christopher "Chip" Chase.

At least Raf's not a pretend cripple (yeah, we all saw him STAND UP to catch that bomb that Spike threw at him! I reckon both Chip and Professor Xavier* are totally faking it to get govt benefits! )

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Unnavoidable I think. If it was a new Transformers series conceived by the toy division of Hasbro instead of its new TV network division, we probably wouldn't have had any of the cartoon released early (the first 5 Eps), and we'd have toys in stores with its screening (which can take up to 18 months to produce).

They needed a range of new programing for the TV channel's launch capitalising their most known brands - TFs, GIJoe, etc, so we get a TFs cartoon rushed out so fast, they probably only have 5 episodes completed, and before we even have any toys produced for it. February was probably when we should have seen its release, if the toy-division had conceived the replacement-to-Animated show. At least, that's how I see it.
    Ooohh... if this series was conceived by Hasbro's Toy Division, then I certainly hopes this means that Hasbro are planning on releasing toys! (I want to be able to dispell rumours that there aren't going to be toys for Prime).

While Mainframe's work had much better facial animation (which was their strength), the CG work in Prime is generally better in every other area compared to Beast Wars and Beast Machines.
    I agree that the facial animation isn't so good here. But when comparing the animation quality between Beast Wars and Prime, keep in mind that Beast Wars was animated fourteen years ago. By 1990s standards, Beast Wars animation was, IMO, really good (even winning an Emmy for best visual effects in an animated television series). By current day standards, I think the animation in Prime isn't bad -- but it's not exceptionally great either.

I am satisfied with the animation in Prime though... aesthetic issues aside there doesn't appear to be any great technical flaws (Beast Wars had a lot of technical flaws, but they were limited by the available technology of the time -- Mainframe had to actually write most of their own animation software because the stuff that was available at the time simply couldn't keep up with what they wanted to do).

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    i do find the human cast pointless... its the token genius kid, the token dweeb that knows the hotchick that is in his class.. and the token girl... they could of had a mechanic father his two dumb kids and a wheelchair bound computer genius and it would make no difference.....

un original...
    Jack's mum's still a hot MILK (Mum I'd Like To Kiss d: ) though.

Meh, just decimate the humans already!! Before Gok perv's on any other moms....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Jack's mum's still a hot MILK (Mum I'd Like To Kiss d: ) though.
    at this time i would like to say something.

Ick....
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I don't think it's as bad as the weak points in the Bay movies. Some things Prime (so far) has that I prefer over the live action movies include:
    + No where near as much time focused on humans. The live action movies have so many scenes focused on humans you sometimes forget that the film is about Transformers!
    + No lewd humour based on humping or drugs etc.
    + Jack isn't desperate to get laid like Sam, and Miko isn't as objectified as Mikaela.
    -That's because the human characters have to actually act and they are there to appeal to the masses.
    -The script is written for adults mostly whereas TFPrime is a children's show.
    -The Bay movie cast are adults... and TFP are children. It would be weird to objectify Miko to pedophiles.

I don't find this Bumblebee anywhere near as annoying as Animated Bumblebee. Silence is gold, eh. And yeah, the scene where Rafael just happened to fix the Autobots' computer systems was a tad too convenient and terribly cliched... but it's no worse than G1's Christopher "Chip" Chase.
    TFA is about a bunch of underachieving goofs which explains bumblebee's character faults. TFP Bumblebee doesn't even get to tell people what he's about :P

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Seems we have a difference of opinion.

Advancement in technology doesn't necessarily mean a better product.
    The thing is CG animation is largely driven by advances in technology. Skill plays a part, of course, but a large part of it is also the hardware, software, time and budget.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Skill plays a part, of course, but a large part of it is also the hardware, software, time and budget.
    As someone who has worked in animation skill plays an enormous part in animation. Skill and planning. It's not like an animation studio scans in a storyboard and a computer does the rest. There's still an animator at that workstation acting their guts out.

No, I'm not confusing mocap with animation. Animators are actors too.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    As someone who has worked in animation skill plays an enormous part in animation. Skill and planning. It's not like an animation studio scans in a storyboard and a computer does the rest. There's still an animator at that workstation acting their guts out.

No, I'm not confusing mocap with animation. Animators are actors too.
    Too right!

I remember back in the day of PPMs for Quake 2 & 3 where people animated these things at home for free!, these were the days of pre-skeletal modelling and animation - sure Q3 had it's MD3 clipping system but for Q2 the best PPMs were the ones that had been creatively animated, often having to exploit flaws in the engine and/or employing tricks like hiding objects within objects so as to lessen the burden on the renderer. Some of the things that were achieved were insane!

Of animation note were the Evil Professor in a wheel chair for Q2 and the Q4 Gladiator for Q3, both were rigged and animated by a bloke, or blokes, going by the net handle BrosGrimm if I remember correctly.
    (I wish I still had these PPMs as they show what talent and skill were required by the Animator to pull them off )

Things like avoiding clipping issues, applying accurate weighting and mesh deformation require great skill and talent in order to be a top tear animator, abilities I wish I had.

i really enjoyed the first 2 episodes as did my 2 kids, the only thing missing was at the start there was no transformers theme song

Ive just skimmed over this thread as its getting bigger by the second- So i apologise if ive doubled up.

I think Cliff death was waaay to violent for a G rating. I wont let my youngins watch it.

Is it just me-

or could Cliffjumper and those horns of his be a connection of some sort to Unicron- seeing he does have his blood or whatever they call it running through him?

I dont think we have heard the last of cliffjumper- But i could be wrong and often am.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness