Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Perfect Effect- Reflector

My set arrived today and I have to say they are amazingly cool little bots. So many small parts to keep track off. I know they were small but I was shocked to see how small in person. Like Legends Class with the articulation of a deluxe.

So glad I got this set

Quote Originally Posted by Oilspill View Post
    Yeah, these guys are really awesome! I love how everything stores away, and the posability is top-notch, and the minigun even spins

Lint, I don' know if it's the same issue but it took me ages to work out how to get everything to line up right when storing the weapons for camera mode. I had problems with the arm guard too until I switched the part that holds the knife the other way around or something (can't quite recall now). Plus there were a couple of tiny bits of flash that I had to remove with a scalpel on mine.

But overall an awesome set, so tiny and so much detail.
    Thanks for the tip man, lens fits together nicely now. Turns out I had the knife stored the wrong way around last night, only just noticed that there is an outline on the inside of the arm guard showing you which way to park the knife.

I'm sort of curious: can any of the MPs hold them like a camera in alt mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    I havent directly tried but I don't think so. Especially in a holding-a-camera-properly sort of way.

I did so happen to try to get Rts Lugnut to hold Reflector today but the camera is a little oversize and the weight is somewhat toppling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    This has to be attempted. I will see if I can make it happen with Megatron.

I just received my set, courtesy of KillingSpoon, today and I've got to say they are far and beyond the Shadow Warrior/Frenzy/Rumble mold in every way!
    I intend on doing a bit of a review of them later in the week, along with some more photos but in the mean time, here are some initial thoughts:
    • Colour Scheme/Paint Apps are brilliant.
    • Accessory count is crazy!
    • Well thought out and executed accessories.
    • Figure construction and execution is superb.
    • Figure articulation and poseability is insane!
    • Transformation and parts integration is truly ingenious.

Their size I'm perfectly fine with because even at this size, they out-do quite a few official deluxe figures and set a damn high standard for any future 3rd party reflector and/or 3rd party figures of this size.
    The plastic quality is quite acceptable to me, but I can see where some are a little irked by it but at any rate, one has to admit that Perfect Effect have come a hell of along way.

I really hope to see some more varied Alt mode designs come from PE, which are stand alone figures and not accessories for other figures as SFX - Scouting Force X clearly demonstrates PE's ability to pull this sort of thing off.

Makes you wonder how far they'll progress with Soundwave?

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    Makes you wonder how far they'll progress with Soundwave?
    I want Blaster tapes like Steeljaw and Ramhorn. After that combiner tapes and the more obscure Soundwave tapes like Overkill and Slugfest. However they should pull away from the targetmaster alt modes into something a bit more inventive; they have already shown that they can be creative.

Finally got this set in my hands today.

Just transformed them into camera mode and back. Very nice.

I don't care for the knives or the extra weapons... I just prefer to display them as 3 bots. But I will need em for camera mode. So the knives will stay in the box.

Overall I don't have many complaints. While Reflector is cool, generally, PE stuff just doesn't wow me as the FansProject stuff does.

Hopefully they do Ramhorn/steeljaw soon.

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post

I don't care for the knives or the extra weapons... I just prefer to display them as 3 bots. But I will need em for camera mode. So the knives will stay in the box.
    But the accessories are what makes this set awesome.

You get all that, plus more and all integrates into the robot modes and Camera mode as practical accessories and armor.