Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1985 New York toy fair

Default 1985 New York toy fair

Transformer Images from the 1985 New York toy fair:

http://obscuretf.com/hhk/USPRETF1985.html

some great pics showing the prototypes of the dinobots, some seekers, Autobot cars and mini cots.

Anyone intersested in beast wars should look at the 1996/97 toy fairs pages as well. Tigertron was originally a Bengal tiger! (orange and black)
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

In the words of Spock, Intriguing.

I really like the Seekers.

Black Ramjet looks really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Black Ramjet looks really nice.
    yes agree +1!

Oh so prototype Dinobots - Grimlock has same sword as Sludge, Slag's horns are silver and Swoop missles are gold. All the swords are chrome. darn! that would have looked so much better!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I'll be definitely giving this a good perusing a 'lil later - cheers for the Beast Wars heads-up Fatbot!

Wow, Jhiaxus and Monzo have given the Obscure TF Web site a complete overhaul!

Observations:
    + The prototype Insecticons have the Transformer colours all over except for their chests which are still Diaclone red.
    + Hoist is black and yellow!
    + The colours of the jets are interesting. I'm glad they didn't stick with them though - Thrust's colours don't look that good, and Ramjet and Dirge don't look bad, but I suspect they might have changed them from those prototype colours to further differentiate them from Thundercracker and Skywarp (who are already dark blue and black).

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime
    Oh so prototype Dinobots - Grimlock has same sword as Sludge, Slag's horns are silver and Swoop missles are gold. All the swords are chrome. darn! that would have looked so much better!
    Slag's silver horns and Swoop's gold missiles and the chrome swords are remnants of their Diaclone colours... so they're not really Transformer prototype colours, unlike say the black and yellow Hoist. Diaclone "Hoist" was available in red & yellow, blue & yellow and green & orange - but not black & yellow. Looks like they slapped Trailbreaker's colours onto Hoist's prototype while deciding what colour to make the final toy (much like how they slapped Skywarp and Thundercracker's colours onto Dirge and Thrust).

Tigatron in Orange!?!

The character looks almost unrecognisable, even with the same name, I get the feeling he would've ended up being a totally different character...
    (I much prefer the Siberian Tiger colour scheme to this )

Geez some dodgy QC with the minibots

I remember the original news of Tigatron in orange (and subsequent news of him being white)...

I can't remember why they changed it, but I think they made the right choice.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    I remember the original news of Tigatron in orange (and subsequent news of him being white)...

I can't remember why they changed it, but I think they made the right choice.
    Probably to help differntiate him from Cheetor. Yellow and black as well as orange and black, a tad dull perhaps.