Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: January stuff

Good ol' Bugalugs here safeguards my monitor from any would be attackers.

Got TM2 Dinobot this morning. Damn dog going off his brain when the postie came though haha.

I'd take a picture, but can't be bothered atm.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Got TM2 Dinobot this morning. Damn dog going off his brain when the postie came though haha.
    Congrats man ,
    One of my favourite Beast Wars figures, make sure you don't transform him too much though dude - when his limbs go loose, they Damn go loose and really easily!

HA Mudflap from Goki, very very nice figure

Managed to find th united soundwave I Godoy to order myself... Lol
    Then also picked up Kup and banzaitron. Banzai was rm 79... 27 aud? (:

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    Umm... my local K-Mart has always had Generation Deluxes for $25 (ever since the first wave)
    Oops... let me clarify: up till recently I only ever saw Skullgrin and Cliffjumper at TRU who sell them for $30. I was excited to see them now at Kmart at the cheaper price of $25, so it feels like a discount to me. Although Kmart do sell Deluxes at the full RRP of $30 too, but you're right, they've been selling Deluxes at $25 for quite some time now. Sorry for the confoozlements.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I couldn't help but think "That's so Japanese" when I got Magmasaur together, no offence meant to anyone , as he is just so... I don't know, he just seems very inline with some Anime/Manga concepts.
    One personal Magmatron Easter Egg for me -- when I first got the Japanese BW Neo in 1999, in my review I described his combined beast mode as a "Tri-Dino Fuzor." Then when the Hasbro version of Magmatron came out in 2000, the last line of the tech specs reads, "Mitotic spark allows for separation into three aggressive dinosaur modes: Landsaur, Seasaur, Skysaur then recombines into an unstoppable tri-dinosaur Fuzor." That's 1 of 2 times Hasbro's quoted me in a tech specs bio (the other time was in Tripredacus Agent's tech specs - first half of the first line only that they changed "Cybertron" to "Maximal").

So you know for sure that your Magmatron is the Takara version and not the Hasbro version? Cos they're both nearly indistinguishable from each other loose - the best way to tell is from the box. There are some differences with the toys (as noted here), but in real life they're so slight that it's really, really, really hard to tell even when you're staring at both versions side by side! I nearly went cross-eyed once trying to spot the difference with a side-by-side comparison once. (@_@)

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbleb33 View Post
    HA Mudflap from Goki, very very nice figure
    You're most welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    One personal Magmatron Easter Egg for me -- when I first got the Japanese BW Neo in 1999, in my review I described his combined beast mode as a "Tri-Dino Fuzor." Then when the Hasbro version of Magmatron came out in 2000, the last line of the tech specs reads, "Mitotic spark allows for separation into three aggressive dinosaur modes: Landsaur, Seasaur, Skysaur then recombines into an unstoppable tri-dinosaur Fuzor." That's 1 of 2 times Hasbro's quoted me in a tech specs bio (the other time was in Tripredacus Agent's tech specs - first half of the first line only that they changed "Cybertron" to "Maximal").

So you know for sure that your Magmatron is the Takara version and not the Hasbro version? Cos they're both nearly indistinguishable from each other loose - the best way to tell is from the box. There are some differences with the toys (as noted here), but in real life they're so slight that it's really, really, really hard to tell even when you're staring at both versions side by side! I nearly went cross-eyed once trying to spot the difference with a side-by-side comparison once. (@_@)
    Ha!
    That's pretty cool man, whilst it may be very small - you've still made a legitimate impact on the cannon of Transformers, congratulations dude!

I like to think of him as a remnant, or prototype, Decepticon experiment with Tricon technology, ala Duocon - A vein attempt of trying to obtain 3x the General they originally had.
    (The Hurstiverse involves quite a bit of experimentation )

How do I know that he's Neo and not Machines?
    Well in honesty I don't categorically know but looking at the stamp on the tail of Skysaur, it was really very hard but I couldn't see Hasbro written - I could only make out Takara (x2) and the year 1999, but then my eyesight isn't the greatest so Hasbro could very well be written there.

The copyright stampage is the same on both Hasbro and Takara versions. Back in 2000 I compared my Takara verison with someone else's Hasbro version side by side and it was really hard to see any differences between the two. But apparently, "missiles and sword "rounded off" to better conform with United States safety laws and has a less "glossy" sheen"

The box is the best way to tell. If you got your Magmatron loose w/o the box then it's pretty hard to tell. If you're really curious to know, lemme know and I'll bring my Takara Magmatron to the next meet and we can compare it with yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    I got Magmatron a year or so ago - and I can't stand him.
    Why?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Oops... let me clarify: up till recently I only ever saw Skullgrin and Cliffjumper at TRU who sell them for $30. I was excited to see them now at Kmart at the cheaper price of $25, so it feels like a discount to me.
    Right. Now I can sleep easier tonight in the knowledge that $25 is the normal price.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Why?
    He probably means: "I can't stand him" (i.e.the joints are worn and Magmatron can't stand up)

(sorry guys, a bit tipsy atm )