Thread: Some Questions about creating a Transformers Photocomic

Default Some Questions about creating a Transformers Photocomic

Hey guys, the idea to do a Transformers comedy Photo comic with my toys has been in my head for a while now, and after seeing SkyShadow's "Right In The Lugnuts" it's been even more prominent.

But, honestly I have no idea how to do it.

Can anyone recommend any comic creator programs to me? What sort of camera should i use? Any and all information would be a great help to me because I'd like to get started asap. And show you guys just what a crazy place my mind is.

LUGNUT: Hi, I'm Lugnut, the star of the award-winning photocomic "Right In The Lugnuts!" The Ongoing Adventures Of Lugnut And His Amazing Friends. And this is Hunk, the Yellow Lion from Voltron.

WHITE LIO JUNIOR: White. Lio. Junior. And I would rather be anywhere but here right now.

LUGNUT: We're here today to help teach Tallestblue how to make a photocomic. Step one! Carefully stage your toys in such a way that they are enacting the elaborate script that you have meticulously plotted out.

WHITE LIO JUNIOR: Or you could… I don't know… just find some photo you've already taken, flip it sideways and hope no one notices it says "lɐıɔǝds sɹɐʍ ʇsɐǝq" in the background.

LUGNUT: Step two! Using a state-of-the-art photographic device – preferably on some sort of tripod – take some pictures. Try it once using a flash and once with no flash.

WHITE LIO JUNIOR: Or just press all the buttons and turn the dials at random – in this day and age of digital photography everyone's a photographer and you don't have to worry about having a good camera, conserving film or knowing anything at all.

LUGNUT: Step three! Put all the photos on your computer and choose the best ones – these will form your photocomic. Some people would then put speech bubbles on the photos, but I like the naïvist stylistic choice of placing dialogue under the photo, like the script of a play. After all, it was good enough for Shakespeare!

WHITE LIO JUNIOR: Translation: Sky Shadow doesn't know how to put speech bubbles on photos.

LUGNUT: Step four! Host the images on a free image hosting website.

WHITE LIO JUNIOR: Or just host all your images at tfwiki.net, then hotlink them straight to the board!

LUGNUT: Er… no don't do that. Step five! Post everything on the forum and you have your very own photocomic! I hope that helps, Tallestblue!

WHITE LIO JUNIOR: Join us again next week, when we teach Autocon how to make a nuclear bomb!

LUGNUT: Um... we won't be doing that either. See you in the funny pages!

LOLZ

I'm working on the same thing Tallest Blue. While I'm collecting the figures I need I am working on story arcs and sets.

I'm surprised Lugnut would associate himself with someone who can't put speech bubbles in his comic
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    LOLZ

I'm working on the same thing Tallest Blue. While I'm collecting the figures I need I am working on story arcs and sets.

I'm surprised Lugnut would associate himself with someone who can't put speech bubbles in his comic
    hehe its the award winning lugnut..and like all award winners and celbs in the modern era, he doesnt need to explain who he associates himself with.. he just does it... :P

he might be the spokesperson for sky shadow industries and geting paid a motza speech bubbles or not...
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I use Irfanview to crop images and do some other stuff like sharpening images, greyscaling etc. - then I use MSPaint to add speech bubbles/text and other drawn-in visual effects. Pretty simple.

I just use a normal digital camera (although in the old days I used film, heheh) - nothing fancy. On the odd occasion if I wanted more consistent lighting, then I'd throw as much light on my subject as possible (e.g. open blinds, switch on lights, use flash etc.) -- but this is pretty crude. Deceptic_Optics has a pretty nice set-up and a good camera, so he can probably give you advice on how to do it properly.

If you want to check out Photocomics made by other OTCA members, see this thread

Thanks guys! And a special thanks to the long suffering White Lio Junior.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I use Irfanview to crop images and do some other stuff like sharpening images, greyscaling etc.
    A top program Irfanview, I've been using it for quite some time now as it reads almost every picture file-type in existence too.