View Poll Results: RtS Lugnut - worth buying?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 75.00%
  • Only if cheap

3 10.71%
  • Only if (something else)

1 3.57%
  • No

1 3.57%
  • Not interested

2 7.14%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Toy Review - RtS Lugnut

I had no intention of getting this guy, but I had a spare MISB Sea Spray lying around after getting the Japanese variant, and Toyworld was happy to swap it for a Lugnut, so I caved in and got one. (I also have a United one, but have no intention of opening it, or any of its United non-G1-tributing brethren)

The transformation is pretty neat. Everything clicks into place and there's enough twisting and rotating to keep it interesting.

The airplane mode is pretty weak. It's got the same underside baggage as Universe/Henkei Octane, all the wing angling (main and tail fin) is bizarre, and the gun, as others have said, is a near useless afterthought. Worst of all, and possibly a defect, the rubbery canopy bits seem a bit warped and don't fit together well at the bottom.

The robot mode has quite a bit of personality, although not as much as his original Animated counterpart. The fact you can't rotate the shoulders mars its articulation, but you can still put him in hulking poses that befit his personality. I like the punching gimmick. It's quite a bit of fun to have him not down other robots with it, and since my 3.5 year old son loves it, I'd call it a success.

Last but not least is the same fatal flaw that his Animated come Movie partner, Lockdown, suffers: Poor displayability. Now this won't affect everyone, but to those of us it does affect, this toy has no home, and thus will eventually be relegated to the "Pulse drawer".

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    For all you glorious Lugnut lovers:

1. How do you guys display his missile launcher in bot mode? Do you leave it dangling off the back of the plane kibble or swing it around so it's a hip mounted launcher?
    Hope I didn't come to this party too late, but here is how I display my Lugnut and how I employ the missile launcher. Obviously somewhat inspired by TFA.

TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    Hope I didn't come to this party too late, but here is how I display my Lugnut and how I employ the missile launcher. Obviously somewhat inspired by TFA.

[IMG]**SNIP**[/IMG]
    That's such a cool pose mate - I'm gonna change my one to the same when I get home (except I'm not a fan of the over-the-head missile)

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Even though physically unlikely, I like Lugnut's swoopypicky skills.

Weeeee

*snip*

And I love his fingers!

*snip*

Helping me at work!

*snip*
    Haha - lol!
    Those are some great pics there Tets, well done dude.

Love the swoopypicky Tets!

I just recieved my glorious nut convoy today! It has probably been mentioned to death but by far the most glorious gimmick is the ability to talk!

Overall I really like him, I don't have an Animated luggy to compare him with but +++ on finger articulation and maybe one minus on general stability.

Now to make this guy a crown....

Awesome photos Tets, especially the helping at work one!
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.