Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Admin (griffin) away at BotCon until 30th April.

have fun bossbot, no rest when you return cause i want awesome coverage
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Have fun Griff!

Good Luck Animated Hunting in Cinci!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    Now if we can just get the mods to take a vacation then it's.......
    Time to edit your post!

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Time to edit your post!
    Tee hee

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Being a TF person at this time of the year, You feel so for those going to Botcon but at the same time you also feel a little about not being able to experience it yourself. I know there are Sci-Fi Conventions & the like but, isn't Botcon the one true TF convention in the world? I would luv to go there one year but some $4698 later, that is a hell of a lot of money to see it.

I know quite a few TF people through Plasticcrack & Flickr and all bar one or two of them live in the states - which in turn means they'll be going to Cincinnatti. & because we (& I) live here in Australia, It is going to be a hell of a lot harder (financially) for us to ever experience it ourselves.

I know a couple of years ago we had Sabretron - but it's still not the same of going to Botcon yourself.

I would luv to go there one year but realistically, that dream seems pretty far off at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Airfares - $3095
    seems a bit much?

i was aiming to go to the states last year for an international mario kart meetup (hey, dont make fun, for you collect toys ) before i spent my cash on tfs, and the ticket was around $2000 return, and thats with like 2-3 plane changes one way....

George
    You must have found a rare (these days with high oil prices) discount ticket for the 'off-season'. I often see Flight Center advertising return to LA for about $1600, and depending on the domestic connection/airline, you could manage $2000. For me this year, this was the 'Shoulder Season', not too much in advance (the current BC mob leave it really late to confirm dates and details, so often the cheapest seats are long gone by the time I know for sure the dates to book), and the Domestic connection was really expensive due to the airline I had to use and the airport I was flying to (the highest fees of all American Airports, which pushes up the cost of tickets). It's probably been about five years since the last time I managed to score airfares around the 2 grand mark, so am now more willing to accept/expect paying about 3 grand now.

Who wants to build a boat large enough for all of us to sail for free to next year's Botcon? If we survive without being eaten by a giant Squid, we would have an extra $3300 spending money that would have otherwise gone to the air fare.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Who wants to build a boat large enough for all of us to sail for free to next year's Botcon? If we survive without being eaten by a giant Squid, we would have an extra $3300 spending money that would have otherwise gone to the air fare.
    I'm in.
    I'll be entertainment officer.

If the boat idea doesn't float though I am seriously considering saving to go next year. Either that or stash myself in Griffin's suitcase.

It would be cheaper if we booked flights/accomodation as a group yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post

If by chance you happened to get a boat I am a licenced Master Class 5 so I could skipper it for you

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    If the boat idea doesn't float though I am seriously considering saving to go next year. Either that or stash myself in Griffin's suitcase.
    Brillant TDD. You can stash yourself in Griffin's suitcase then I'd stash myself in your suitcase and someone could hide in my suitcase and so on. We'd be like those dolls that have the little ones inside the bigger ones