Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7172223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: February Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    Ratchet is one of the more difficult ones to get. I did see an MISB Henkei Ratchet in an obscure shop in Japan for 3000yen though, which I thought was cheap.
    That's really cheap! Did you get it?

I'm in the opposite situation- I have henkei ratchet- but need Ironhide. He is pricey on ebay- including shipping is like $70-80 which is really expensive. I've been patient and checking ebay constantly but even the auctions end up within that price range. I'm tempted to pull the trigger since I need him to finish off the henkei bots. I can appreciate since at least there are a few ironhides available compared to Ratchet where there are little to no listings at all.

Got G1 Abominus from canofwhoopass yay, now just have to get Menasor, Superion and Computron and i will have all the combiners.

I am also trying to get ratchet just wish he was so expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by orionpax1 View Post
    Got G1 Abominus from canofwhoopass yay, now just have to get Menasor, Superion and Computron and i will have all the combiners.
    I had those but sold them off

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    That's really cheap! Did you get it?

I'm in the opposite situation- I have henkei ratchet- but need Ironhide. He is pricey on ebay- including shipping is like $70-80 which is really expensive. I've been patient and checking ebay constantly but even the auctions end up within that price range. I'm tempted to pull the trigger since I need him to finish off the henkei bots. I can appreciate since at least there are a few ironhides available compared to Ratchet where there are little to no listings at all.
    hmmm... that's an odd situation. I'm not understanding why Ironhide is rare since there were really plenty around when it was released and many were even shelf warming. Since I "completed" my Henkeis, I no longer look out and don't know what the prices are. For me, the hardest pieces to get were Henkei versions of Ratchet, Red Alert, Cyclonus and Smokescreen.

Quote Originally Posted by orionpax1 View Post

I am also trying to get ratchet just wish he was so expensive.
    Computron is the only one I need now too - Do you have the Micromasters combiners? what about Raiden or Landcross?

@Heroic - You continue to set the bar in astounding finds and purchases, well done mate and on that Diaclone Sunstreaker!

My acquisitions today (Sunday & Monday) are courtesy of:

G1 Abominus' Feet and Rifle - Fatbot
    Cybertron Soundwave - Jimoinj
    RTS Wreck-Gar - 1AZRAEL1
    RTS Perceptor - 1AZRAEL1
    MMPR Dragonzord - Jaimie
    MOTUC Skeletor - Kup

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMagnus View Post
    All i need is a Ratchet!
    Henkei Ratchet is one that im after too, saw one about a week ago on ebay didnt grab and now i cant find one

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    hmmm... that's an odd situation. I'm not understanding why Ironhide is rare since there were really plenty around when it was released and many were even shelf warming. Since I "completed" my Henkeis, I no longer look out and don't know what the prices are. For me, the hardest pieces to get were Henkei versions of Ratchet, Red Alert, Cyclonus and Smokescreen.
    I only started collecting at the beginning of 2010- I got most of Henkei at close to retail prices from RK- that was based on the stock they had available at the time. Henkei Ratchet was available for a while which I got 1 for about 30ish. But there was no ironhide. At the time I did not value henkei ironhide as I do now...

As for rarity of henkei figs in general- I think they all shot up in value towards latter half of last year as:
    -regular retailers dried up in stock,
    -the demand increased as generations/united was announced/released
    -Prevalence of 3rd party releases last year compared to previous.

Now if you found one whilst hunting in hk... id be interested

I received an ebay lot today, containing energon scorponok and rodimus, legends cybertron megatron and soundwave, three minicons, a micromaster and what I have found out to be cybertron/energon ratchet (the x-brawn repaint). To me it's bot mode is uuugleeeeeeeeee... but my eight year old liked it.

Also weakened and bought rotf leader starscream from big w. It was either that or a bottle of spirits and I think screamer will last longer.

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    Henkei Ratchet is one that im after too, saw one about a week ago on ebay didnt grab and now i cant find one

I will probably find it in HK somewhere, otherwise i will buy it on ebay for some ridiculous sum of money.

Heroic and I can go hunting for him!

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    Nice!

Just curious, how much did Henkei Ironhide and Henkei Smokescreen set you back?
    $65 for smokey and $50 for iirinhide. both on ebay.