Thread: Vernoverse

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Vernoverse

Well, with my University education coming to an end, I've found familar thoughts floating back into my head and an urge to flesh out the story that has been haunting me since 2006 in some form or another.

Vernoverse, as it's been coined, is my attempt to make sense of the Transformers world, from the end of G1 and the Great War, through the 300-odd years of peace after the signing of the Pax Cybertronia, through Beast Wars and culminating in the evolution of the Transformers race into a TransTech future.

I borrow from many sources, both canonical and non, I leave stuff in, throw stuff out, and try to make a story work with a bit of my own imagination and creativity.

I'll try to give backstory and explanations as to 'why' stuff happens. People are free and very welcome to comment and give advice as to how better to slot the story into existing TF lore, as my knowledge of the Transformers story (beside Beast Wars) comes mostly from reading the TF Wiki, which is unhelpful at times.

So, without further ado, here's a bit to get the ball rolling.

G1 Megatron: is suffering desertion in the ranks. Loyalty to a leader was never a strong trait for Decepticons, and great numbers are moving allegiance to now fly Razorclaw's Predacon Banner. Only old 'Cons, the likes of Soundwave and Shockwave, remained by Megatron's side.

The involvement of the Cybertronian Empire in recent events, and the rumours of the development of a stable form of Transwarp Technology by the Autobots/Maximals force Megatron's hand.

Earth was destroyed by the Predacons, an act that both announced their separation from the Decepticons, and gained them much admiration amongst Decepticon ranks tired of Megatron's failings, thus began the shift of troop numbers from 'Con to Pred.

However, a raw Energon crystal had been discovered on Earth a few years earlier, which gave rise to a belief that Earth had once had a natural supply of raw Energon, perhaps enough to power an army to victory over any foe - If only one could go back and harness it.

Megatron stole an Earth relic, (all artefacts of Earth origin were now kept securely, as sorry reminders to the Autobots of their failure to protect the human race) a Golden Disk (that was launched aboard a probe some years before the Transformers awakening in the Ark on Earth) and recorded on it a message in the hope that in the future a Decepticon descendant may find it and see through his desires. Included in the encrypted data-tracks on the Disk were Earth's coordinates, as well as access codes to the Ark's defence program - Teletran One.

Megatron died in the joint assault on the Cybertronian Empire's Hub, but died with the knowledge that one day history may be re-written. The Decepticon faction, now under the leadership of Shockwave, became defunct, and faded into history with the signing of the Pax Cybertronia.
    Last edited by Verno; 25th October 2011 at 10:16 PM.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...