This isn't exactly toy news, but it relates to an event the NSW members attend on a regular basis. I'm going to tempre this with a disclaimer.

I tend to find a lot of ACA's material one sided, sensationalised, pointless or otherwise unnewsworthy.

this article has been published by A Current Affair.

The man that is the centre of the circus of this article (Glenn Ware) is the same guy that runs the parramatta collectors fair. it looks to me like he has been using the cover of pretending to donate to these charities as an excuse to rip off the councel and to probably not give any money to any of these charities.

I never realised that there was supposed to be charity donations related to the parra fair, and there are certainly no banners, people advertising this fact at the fair.

If it's all true, it's very dissapointing and concerning also for the future of the fair. I would not be surprised if the councel expected him to pay a lot of money in unpaid fees and disallowed him any further use of the hall.

I feel for all the regular stall holders who attend the fair, it's most likely they are going to miss out on being able to set up stall here in the future.

I'm sad for us, it's been a great opportunity to get together as a group and enjoy our shared interest. I'd like to propose that if the fair does go under, we attend the food court every quarter anyway. If the fair does go ahead and this guy maintains his position as operator/owner I propose not attending the fair itself anyway. I might go line up like normal have our social cold morning catchup and then when the doors open, walk away.