With the thought from UltraMarginal, I thought I would create this thread.

Post your favourite band of all time, or of the moment, any style, and explainm why it is so.

I'll start off.

Well if anyone who knows me, or recognizes my avatar, my all-time favourite is in fact Immortal. Black metal from the frosty lands of Oslo, Norway.

Got into metal in high school, while some of my friends went the way of more traditional heavy metal, I went to the extreme of Black metal and Death Metal. Immortal was one of the first bands I got into, and is a major inspiration for my singing (if you can call it that ) career. I still do it for fun when I have time. No band currently though.

Now my current favourite would have to be a band called Drudkh. Melding traditional Ukranian folk music with black metal is just amazing.

I have too many favourite bands anyway, because I have such a varied musical taste so I will just list some off.

Therion, Tyr, Behemoth, Rob/White Zombie, The Kovenant, Dungeon, Darker Half, Atomizer, Alestorm, Turisas, Alkonostt, Primus, Slayer, Steel Panther, ACDC, Children Of Bodom, Lordi... (I can't be bothered to list them all )