Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: TFs in Hong Kong

I think everything is posted somewhere in this topic somewhere... I have to go through it too (and the other source topics here) before I head over there in November.

If you visit Sino Center 3rd floor, the price will be more or less the same as the department store. He accept credit cards without extra charges. Members will have 10% off and you can join on spot.

If you really want a good bargain, go to Yau Ma Tei MTR station exit B, and try to find a small shopping mall "In's Point". you can see an HSBC on the ground floor as well as a clothing store. Next to it, there is an escalator going up and the first and second floor are mostly toys and model. This mall might not has as many TF as the Sino 3rd floor, but the price is surely a lot better. You MUST compare the price.

There is a store on the first floor where it also sells clothes and some DC/ Marvel superhero, and it host by a lady wearing glasses. Beware. Some of the goods there are KOs.

for general TF, there is one on the 2nd floor near the escalator always has good bargain, but not too many choices there.

One more thing, all these stores open after 3 pm everyday and close at around 9 pm at night. some store even open as late as 5:30 or 6:00. Do not go there too early otherwise you will probably find everyone are close.

Went to TRU Harbour City last night and today. Impressive. Very impressive.
    Gen Metroplex- about $164 AUD
    Hasbro MP Soundwave- about $200 AUD
    Hasbro MP Acid Storm- didn't enquire price
    Commemorative Series Sideswipe and Rodimus Prime- about $40 AUD each
    Commemorative Series VII Ultra Magnus- $55 AUD, IIRC
    Generations FOC Starscream, Air Raid, IDW Orion Pax, BB, Megatron and Trailcutter- all $21 AUD (they had TC and Hoist too, but looked to only be on display)
    FE Voyager Bulkhead, RID Voyager Starscream, AM Darkness Megatron - about $40 AUD
    Hasbro Generations Voyager Springer, Blitzwing and Sandstorm- about $40AUD
    YOTS Omega Supreme- didn't check price, though I think a bit higher than ours
    YOTS Optimus Prime- didn't bother
    YOTS Magnus- didn't bother
    The combiner bits of the Transformers GO! stuff
    Prime Cyberverse Legends- lots of various characters
    Transformers GTR Cars and stuff- didn't bother

Sino Centre:

Animate: Couldn't really see anything from inside, due to boxes all over the floor, but from the outside, I could see:
    AM Shockwave
    AM Ultra Magnus
    AM-33 Final Battle Megatron
    Takara Generations FOC Combaticons
    Takara Generations FOC Skywarp

Ice Block: (think it was called that)
    Set of Encore Soundwave, Tapes 17 and Tapes 19 (couldn't seperate 17 )
    Encore Ratchet
    25th Anniversary Optimus Prime- $110 AUD
    Encore Hoist
    Encore Metroplex
    Generations 2010 Deluxe Thundercracker and Sky Shadow

Various products from stores (can't remember names)
    MP-13 Soundwave with Laserbeak and coin (nearly every store was trying to get rid of them )
    Kabaya WFC Optimus Prime and Hot Spot
    Quite a bit of GTR Stuff, notably Megatron
    Some Binaltech/AT stuff, didn't bother noting names

Didn't see much G1 stuff though and lots of boxes and stuff on the floors made it hard to see really anything. Also some... questionable stores there...

I'm transiting in Hong Kong for a day in May... it's a weekday... I arrive early in the morning ~8 am and leave late at night ~ 11 PM. For what I understand, the "independent" specialty stores won't open until 3 PM at the earliest? I need to crawl through this thread and the internet to figure out where will be the best places to hit on my pretty limited schedule. How are the smaller stores with credit cards? I'm assuming if they take credit card they'll be adding a few % surcharge?

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    I'm transiting in Hong Kong for a day in May... it's a weekday... I arrive early in the morning ~8 am and leave late at night ~ 11 PM. For what I understand, the "independent" specialty stores won't open until 3 PM at the earliest? I need to crawl through this thread and the internet to figure out where will be the best places to hit on my pretty limited schedule. How are the smaller stores with credit cards? I'm assuming if they take credit card they'll be adding a few % surcharge?
    3Pm? Try 5 mate. I found the better independent stores at In's point, on Nathan rd, Tsim Shu Tsai or something however, most don't do cards, cash only!

Toys r us are alright, a bit of hit & miss though. The best I found was at Ocean Terminal & Central.

they's links to Heroic Decepticon's toy maps here somewhere, they are an incredible resource for toy hunting!
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Toyzone 16 is an awesome store when i was there

Check out the maps here...

Then have a quick look over this one...

And check out some details here which will link to the full recent report on what and where I found stuff in HK just last November.

Yes, 2-3pm is when many opened when I was there, until about 10pm-midnight.
    That should give you about six hours before heading back to the Airport. Heroic Decepticon's maps and mine will show where the main clusters are (Kowloon on the mainland, and HK Central on the island). Both should be about as easy as each other, if you use the train from the Airport and get a taxi from either Kowloon or Central stops.
    HD should be able to tell you about Credit Cards, as I didn't buy anything from the independents, and didn't notice it (maybe something in my photos might show signage if they do).

I forgot you went last year. Your write up will be very handy.

Thanks for the info everyone, I'll be posting occasionally as I plan my attack.

I included as much info as I could on how I got around, so there should be something of use in there for you and anyone else visiting HK from here.

Did you find any WSTs?