Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TF4 Topps Trading cards now out in Australia (free at some Hoyts)

Default TF4 Topps Trading cards now out in Australia (free at some Hoyts)

This is out now with some newsagents stocking the booster backs but here is some info

Starter Pack & Packet of Cards
    The hugely popular Transformers franchise is back for what looks set to be the box-office smash of the year! With an exclusive insight into the film, Age of Extinction, this collection includes the new Autobots, humans and villains, as well as action-packed movie still. There are 170 cards to collect. Released June 2014

Transformer Trading Cards Tins
    This comprehensive Transformers collection features characters from the previous 3 movies along with the new characters from the upcoming film. Age of Extinction – New Autobots, Deceptions, Villains and human characters. Each tin contains: 19 x Regular Cards, 2 x Mirror Foil Cards, 1 x Rainbow Foil Cards, 1 x LE Card and Game Rule Guide. Released: June 2014
    - Transfromers Tin 1 - LE Optimus Prime
    - Transformers Tin 2 - LE Drift
    - Transformers Tin 3 - LE Grimlock
    - Transformers Tin 4 - LE Lockdown

Transformer Trading Cards Multipacks:
    This comprehensive Transformers collection features characters from the previous 3 movies along with the new characters from the upcoming film. Age of Extinction – New Autobots, Deceptions, Villains and human characters. Each multipack contains: 5 Packets and exclusive Limited Edition Card. Released: June 2014
    - Transformers Multipack 1 - LE Bumblebee
    - Transformers Multipack 2 - LE Crosshairs
    - Transformers Multipack 4 - LE Swoop
    - Transformers Multipack 3 - LE Sentinal Prime

Source

i have grabbed a couple of packs from the newsagent have not seen any of the other items the tins do look nice

here is some addition info

- 5 cards per pack ($2.50 per pack)
    - Mirror Foils 1:2
    - Rainbow Foils 1:4
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I see that the website (link) is a British site, but I'll have to see if we are getting the other items (like the Tins).

At the Australian Toyfair I reported that Banter is the distributor of Topps Trading cards this year, but it was still too early to know what, and how much.

Last week I got an email from the Australian Distributor while I was in America, but wasn't able to respond to it while I was over there (it's my own domain address, so isn't something I have set up for using easily on other ISPs).

They did mention that the cards are now out here (which Sharky has reported above), and that... "Hoyts cinemas are running a promotion in VIC, NSW and WA where everyone who books a ticket online during release weekend will receive a free packet of the cards."

Griff would be interestin to know what we will actually get here as those tins look pretty nice and i wouldnt mind picking them up(same goes for starter pack and multipacks too)
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Banter toys have this up

transformer tcg booster

doesnt look like we will be getting the other stuff if you go by the product page which is a shame would of liked the starter set so you cab get the playmat they refer toin the instructions

BUT they also have a listing for movie cards coming in july

There are 170 cards to collect, including special rainbow foil cards, and authentic memorabilia cards, with genuine costume pieces, and original Optimus Prime parts, from the Age of Extinction movie set! 

These exciting memorabilia cards feature outfits worn by the three main human characters, with pieces of the jeans, t-shirts and jackets worn by Cade Yeager (played by Mark Wahlberg), Tessa Yeager and Shane Dyson!

170 cards to collect
    Includes: Special mirror foil, rainbow foil Cards and authentic memorabilia cards, with genuine costume pieces and orginal Optimus Prime parts, from the Age of Extinction movie set.

10 Cards per packet
    10 packets per display
    Banter Toys Transformers Page
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I might wait 3 years so Robotkingdom can send me 50 packets of these free.

Just confirming what Sharky has posted above, from Banter Toys Marketing Manager, when I asked about the collector tins that are on the UK site...

We only have the card packets available at newsagents in Australia and will be getting Memorabilia cards July/August.
    Sharky quoted the details of the Memorabilia cards, so look out for them in the next month.

That is a shame Griff especially about the starter pack too since the packed in instructions refer to the play mat that comes with them...

just booster packs does not make any sense
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

BUT they also have a listing for movie cards coming in july

There are 170 cards to collect, including special rainbow foil cards, and authentic memorabilia cards, with genuine costume pieces, and original Optimus Prime parts, from the Age of Extinction movie set! 

These exciting memorabilia cards feature outfits worn by the three main human characters, with pieces of the jeans, t-shirts and jackets worn by Cade Yeager (played by Mark Wahlberg), Tessa Yeager and Shane Dyson!

170 cards to collect
    Includes: Special mirror foil, rainbow foil Cards and authentic memorabilia cards, with genuine costume pieces and orginal Optimus Prime parts, from the Age of Extinction movie set.

10 Cards per packet
    10 packets per display

Banter Toys Transformers Page
    the movie cards have been updated with some images,

at 10 packs per box (10 cards per pack you will need 2 boxes to mostlikley complete the set but i have not seen any break down of odds for inserts as of yet

Banter has it under the new release heading so not sure when or if they will hit stores
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I see DOTM shots on those sample cards

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    I see DOTM shots on those sample cards
    it is a 170 card set, i imagine it is like the current CCG game and takes takes from all 4 movies

i send an email to banter a couple of weeks ago to enquire about the binders/starter packs as packed in instructions refer to a playmat you get from the start pack, i received a reply today which just reinforces Griffebs response a while back

Quote Originally Posted by Banter Toys & Collectibles
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, thank you for your enquiry.

The binders are not available in Australia just the trading cards which can be purchased at any newsagency

They are also available as on this week in Toys R us stores and the following independents below

Anime At Abbotsford Abbotsford NSW
    Dad&Daves Dandenong Markets VIC
    Gametraders - Blacktown Blacktown NSW
    Gametraders - Chermside Chermside QLD
    Gametraders - Ingle Farm Ingle Farm SA
    Gametraders - Marion Marion SA
    Gametraders - Salisbury Salisbury SA
    Kinokuniya Book Store of Australia Sydney CBD NSW
    Launceston Toyworld Launceston TAS
    Midland Toyworld - Midland WA
    Mosman Newsagency (NSW) Mosman NSW
    NewsXpress Miranda Miranda NSW
    The Hobby Matrix Modbury Modbury SA
    Top Class Cards Watsonia VIC
    Toyworld Geelong West Geelong West VIC
    Toyworld Greensborough Greenborough VIC

Thank you

Kind Regards

Helen
    but in saying that i just got a binder and some tins in the mail today and amabout to open them up
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy