Page 33 of 58 FirstFirst ... 132328293031323334353637384353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Little Toy Company Website

Ok, thanksguys.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Yes. Was told it was going to ship last week. Still not shipped and they have not responded to my email from two days ago. Considering moving to a PayPal claim and not buying from them again.
    Yeah, the guy needs a lesson in customer support, involving pliers and gaffer tape.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Ok, thanksguys.

Yeah, the guy needs a lesson in customer support, involving pliers and gaffer tape.
    Pretty much. It's getting like PC all over again. Sharp pricing and expanded product range drives large sales growth. But then they can't deliver on their ETA's and don't staff it correctly. Why can't these businesses stay in a nice niche with a small but loyal customer base?

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Pretty much. It's getting like PC all over again. Sharp pricing and expanded product range drives large sales growth. But then they can't deliver on their ETA's and don't staff it correctly. Why can't these businesses stay in a nice niche with a small but loyal customer base?
    Well let's be honest, there are plenty of local vendors out there that keep customer base small and easily manageable, lots of personal communication, but they also charge 20-30% more for the toys (that may be an exaggeration, but it's a noticeable difference).

Pretty sure TLTC is like a lot of other small businesses... they have day jobs and families as well. At least they offer the security of Paypal as a purchase method.

Happy to report my order has finally been marked as shipped. That's my last pre-order with them, will only consider buying in stock items now. And only Black Series figures which they have a good history delivering on.

Hi all. Long time browser, first time poster.

Being a 'desktop collector' of Transformers for a few years now (my workplace is fortunately quite tolerant of this) I like to try and pick and choose any Transformers releases I can get my hands on due to space and budget limitations despite the inner transformer fan in me squealing every time a Generations figure remake of one of my early childhood faves comes out.

For quite a few years i bought from TLTC (30th Voyager Brainstorm, CW Leader Ultra Magnus, TR Topspin and quite a few Titan Masters to name a few). In January this year I had a little bit of coin saved up and had my eye on a TakaraTomy Legends Misfire (Headmaster? Targetmaster? Crazy Pink? SIGN ME UP), and threw in a Titan Master Vector Prime/Metalhawk and a TR Leader Overlord as my new 'Big Bad'. I noted that Misfire was still in Preorder status but its ETA was December 2017. So I threw my money TLTC's way, and this is where my tales of woe began.

After a month went by with no word, I contacted TLTC via their website submission, and was told to check the News page regularly for shipping updates. Now for a small period of time the news was being updated at a semi-regular pace, but this soon stopped. In April I contacted them again, and was told it would be May. May came and went so yet again I contacted them (this time both via email and their Facebook page) and was told June. I was also informed that Overlord and Vector Prime were in stock, only Misfire was the hold-up. June came and went. Again I contacted them. Made a few suggestions (throw in the damaged packaging Twin Twist they were selling? Ship the other items while I waited? Surely to keep a customer happy such things wouldn't break the bank) and received just the standard 'shipping next month'.

After I came back on leave at the start of August I was REALLY hoping that when I got to work they'd be waiting for me. But no this wasn't to be true. So I decided enough was enough. I'd waited seven months for figures which weren't as easily available elsewhere now and i couldn't trust I'd get them any time soon, if at all, nor could I trust TLTC's word about when they'd ship. So I sent them a (polite but) strong email and gave them three options; please either ship my items, ship the two waiting and I'll await the third (or refund partially), or refund the whole lot, and I gave them until mid August for a decision.

Within MINUTES of me sending, the email came back from PayPal saying a refund was on its way. No other comments, no replies to my email, no apologies.

Sad to say, but that's ended my association with TLTC with a sour taste in my mouth. I hope I am the exception to the rule about their customer service and communication, and that others are getting their orders, but thought I'd share it here anyway.

As a silver lining, once my full refund came through, I managed to score a POTP BattleTrap (Battleslash and RoadTrap) which I had been eyeing off, and an Amazon Exclusive Evolution Nemesis Prime, both via eBay at good prices from separate sellers. Nemesis Prime arrived today, and he is a freaking beauty. So I did manage to make lemonade out of lemons.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

^this story mirrors my experience long ago with a platinum edition unicron, in short it was

-Question about when its due
    -Get told supposed date change
    -Its that time again so I ask
    -No response
    -Send another strongly worded email demanded a refund
    -Get refund within minutes

The odd part was (to me anyway) this all happened at around 10pm that night, as if they ignore emails until a little alarm says "REFUND REQUEST" and they spring to life.

In stock goods via their ebay store were fine but I certainly not gonna recommend pre-ordering via them, I've been badly burnt before, never again

I’m probably not going to make you feel good TaZZerath, but I was in the same boat with regards to Legends Misfire - and he came in this week. Picked him up today.

It was a frustrating wait and the longest past ETA of all my TLTC pre-orders, but TLTC have so far always come through for me.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

They've got the 'War for Cybertron' stuff up for pre-order now.

They still haven't let me down yet, but they're always really slooooooow...still better to get them slow than not at all through local shitty retailers.

There News page on their website is from Feb.... Am I missing something...?
    Is there another news page somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    I’m probably not going to make you feel good TaZZerath, but I was in the same boat with regards to Legends Misfire - and he came in this week. Picked him up today.

It was a frustrating wait and the longest past ETA of all my TLTC pre-orders, but TLTC have so far always come through for me.
    Oh frack it....

*sigh*

Ah well. Win some lose some!