Page 33 of 71 FirstFirst ... 132328293031323334353637384353 ... LastLast

Thread: Toybot Importz feedback

Yes i know it was a risk but it wasn't an in demand item and they were considerably cheaper than anywhere else once a discount was applied. I was basically going to give them a couple of weeks to get it to me otherwise i would get a refund.
    Spiderken Away!

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So I finally had my lot come in, well over a year late (from pre-order date, so closer to over 8 months past...when was golden lagoon starscream released again he was the oldest of the lot?), as one could tell I was quite annoyed, getting told one thing and that turning out to be wrong, but I'm relieved that it's all over now.

The story basically is whoever their supplier was unreliable and slow (I presume this is how they cut cost in their business) and they ended up going with another supplier (for those who follow them on FB you may have seen this), what I gathered from my contact and what we really know is that COUPLED with them being a rather busy 2 person team also running full time jobs with a newborn didn't help the situation (infact, its close to 1 and 1/2 of them working), during our last email (which was the most human email I ever got from them, or anybody) they accepted fault, they didn't want to do a refund (they never said that, they just skipped over that from my last few emails) but they were trying their hardest to fulfill their promises which is a tall order all things considered.

So all in all, if you're patient and willing to send them reminders or buy instock only I say go for it, I honestly think they need to cut down on their stock orders (quantity and range) but that supplier issue was not their fault which was the main fault for what happened to me, they aren't big enough to just *SNAP* do refunds to people and not take a hefty loss, and taking on another person may/may not work out for them.

Makes me wonder how (for those who are into gunpla/gundam models) gentei kits did it, it was ONE person, he occasionally had his family step in (was cute when he posted pics of them helping out, kids and aunties I presume), but maybe because his range was limited to one brand, ordering for him even more so (p-bandai have strict limits or I'm told) and he would often (back when I was a regular) close off orders to prevent being overloaded (still had masses of boxes come in judging from his old pics, not a warehouse load but close to filling a room near christmas), he doesn't even advertise himself like he used to no social media presence at all but I still get his emails every few months, last I checked he was a IT guy of some sort so its not his only source of income.

Oh well, enough ranting, the overall experience could have been better but it wasn't their fault entirely, hell the packaging makes amiami look take (box mumified in bubblewrap and packed in with paper), even got some dry transfers thrown in which is a nice touch, only bad thing I could nit pick was I got a sendle message that it was coming yesterday but no prior warning other than my email exchange (which told me it was literally sitting right next to them ready to ship next day), don't get how that works but I have no idea how sendle works since these are the only guys that use them in my experience and I haven't used them enough to work this out (prior time I had a sendle tracking code, this time just that email from them, odd)

XMan is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I contacted them two weeks back about MP BW Megatron Stuart replied and said they had started to arrive but a few boxes have some damage, but the figures themselves are unharmed. I'm not a MISB collector so he said he'd send mine asap but have not heard back since.

Not worried at all, it'll come eventually.

XMan is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

And MP Beast Wars Megatron on the way!

Do you get a shipping confirmation when they post your order? Mine was meant to ship last week but it still shows as unfulfilled on my order summary.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Do you get a shipping confirmation when they post your order? Mine was meant to ship last week but it still shows as unfulfilled on my order summary.
    Yes, you should get a shipping update email and a Sendle email (if you used Sendle). Also keep track of the items that are stated as ‘Fullfilled’ as its sometimes not the case.

Thanks I thought so. Guess I'll try contacting them AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Thanks I thought so. Guess I'll try contacting them AGAIN.
    Can you let me know if you receive a reply? I?m starting to get the feeling they are ignoring me on purpose.

Have you guys tried messaging their FB group (TBI's Customer HQ)? They are really active in responding on there.

also double check your junk mail for sendle notifications.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)