Page 475 of 481 FirstFirst ... 455465470471472473474475476477478479480 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,750 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Bloody hell - when will this crap end?! Even the barber I went to today was spouting it, though since she had a razor to my throat at the time I didn’t correct her.

Look at it this way. Alan Jones HATES the Greens - despises them! And even HE has said that it was the government and not The Greens fault.

Greens aren’t in power and have zero control over the backburning laws. Greens have had the same PRO-sustainable backburning policy unchanged since 2013 that you can read on their website.

Give me a shred of proof it was The Greens. And save posting that pic of that one group of nutters that were protesting one backburn back in October - none of them are Greens candidates or were remotely representing that political party.
    I'm also anti-Greens for a lot of issues, and I was ready to parrot the "Greens prevented backburning" line until I did some research and couldn't find anything to support it. So credit where it is due, the Greens had absolutely nothing to do with what is going on now, but they have been on the side of science trying to warn the government what would happen if they ignored climate change and now here we are. Fun....
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

That one off 11 billion, that's just the money they put forward in 2018. Also keep calling out people on the Greens being responsible for the bushfires this is entirely on Scott Morrison and his government.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Federal government and an additional 11million not enough? Bet you never even heard of this. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-...boost/11790862 RFS is a state issue. Qld premier didn't leave her cruise ship to come back. Bet you didn't hear about that. This whole thread is just mindless msm regurgitation.
    I will bet you a large sum of money I know a lot more about this current fire event then you think. You have no idea what I do for a living and what I’m involved with right now And where I spend my days. That dickhead of a PM we have had done a whole lot of nothing for this country and this fire event is no different. Send in the ADF reserve without any consultation with the states/RFS about what is actually needed or how they would be used? Bloody useless. Announce money for new aircraft that aren’t available during this event? Fat lot of help that is. And these are just two examples out of a whole pool I could choose from.

And you have the nerve to accuse others of blindly believing media hype.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

On a different note, I successfully managed to rip out the output jack plate on my electric guitar & lose a screw. Fun times.

Time to put it on the bench and do some Macgyver-esque home repairs.

It's also time to take a bit of a break from the politics here, as the people in these fire zones (including members here) need our help and emotional support to get through this fire season... they don't have the time or mental energy in finding people to blame while they are trying to survive this catastrophe and then begin the long process of rebuilding.

When the next election is upon us, or an official inquiry (senate/coroner/royal) into this fire season is conducted, we can start pointing out the pros and cons of those involved, as well as work out what is fact and fiction... and then try to improve the system.

Its Aliens I tells ya........havent you seen that great movie called "The Arrival" with that great actor Charlie Sheen

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Ah great, Erskine Creek fire is headed towards Leura, a little too close to where we are in Katoomba.

The cat had a seizure at 8pm and Wentworth Falls Vet's after hours was closed and the nearest open vet is in Penrith too much of a risk to drive an hour

We gave our cat of 20 years his wings today, he'll be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    We gave our cat of 20 years his wings today, he'll be missed.
    Wow. 20 years was a good age. Always a tough time to lose a 4 legged family member.