Page 105 of 120 FirstFirst ... 8595100101102103104105106107108109110115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1196

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Not only "Scrapper" and "Mixmaster," but the card art of all of the Late G1 Constructicons are entirely different works of art from the Early G1 Constructicons - many of them being emulations but not exact duplicates of their Early G1 art. Whereas the G2 Constructicons' card art are all just recolours of their Early G1 art.
    That's extraordinary that they'd go to that effort.
    I got the late G1 figures as a kid, and recall that they all had the same standard packaging, like the Rescue Force figures, so looking up the backing on Captured Prey (http://www.capturedprey.com/store/g1...constructicons) it looks as if it was something that would have been done for reproducibility and image balance, which is a really interesting visual design choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    That's extraordinary that they'd go to that effort.
    And yet they put zero effort in giving them names!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    And yet they put zero effort in giving them names!
    How dare you speak that way about Desmond!
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    That was my effort!

(copied from the saleyard, because this was something I didn't know about Transformers until today when I actually met him in person)

For those who are interested (and you all should be), the seller was one of the 2 (that I know of) Australians who have worked on IDW comics projects (the other being Shane McCarthy).

Lloyd Young was approached by IDW's James Roberts (who lives in the UK) to contribute images and scans from the original UK comics (primarily the bonus items), for IDW's Classics UK compilations. Unfortunately, the reprint series only made it to 5 volumes of their 8 volume plan, with the 6th volume being officially cancelled in November 2018.
    That's unfortunately a huge shame, as there would have been a lot of work being done for the unreleased volumes, including the colouring of the original B&W stories. Fortunately the coloured stories ended up being used in the Hachette Complete Collection, but all of the bonus non-story items and behind the scenes articles by the creators are probably now wasted.
    Finding out what extra stuff was in these books, I might have actually been tempted to buy the set for the non-story content, despite having two sets of the stories so far (including the coloured set in the Hachette series). Hmmm, I might have to see if I can find one of the five that have been printed to see what sort of content is in them, to see if it is still worth buying those issues they did print.

To find out who Lloyd is and what he contributed, this article from March 2015 is very comprehensive (scroll down halfway to his part of the interview), and have a really fascinating look at some of the comic rarities and obscurities he has... some of which I've never even seen before. And all that obtained by someone in Australia.

Most of us have seen the early TFTM promo by now, the one with Ultra Magnus in the Powered Convoy colours, thanks to special features and YouTube

I haven't seen anyone do a breakdown of changes of shots that were in the promo and made it to the finished product before and thought others might find this interesting too

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...896713221.html

Also here: https://imgur.com/a/YB37Er1

Studio Series Arcee is three bikes that turn into three robots... but they don't combine. I assumed this was a given.

I've seen some people combining them but it's not an official transofrmation?

(I know they didn't actually combine in the movie but it was the original design intention and thought it gave more credence to these being a Deluxe package)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Studio Series Arcee is three bikes that turn into three robots... but they don't combine. I assumed this was a given.

I've seen some people combining them but it's not an official transofrmation?

(I know they didn't actually combine in the movie but it was the original design intention and thought it gave more credence to these being a Deluxe package)
    Yeah, a couple of reviews show that the stands peg together in some fashion and there's a BFG that makes no sense accessory wise.

Has anyone made a review thread on arcee triplets?