Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Official Lego Transformers - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I might need some Lego fans to back me up on this, but I've seen Target, Kmart and Big W all list the higher-end collector-targeted Lego sets like this on their websites but never actually have them in store.

(Seen this with Star Wars and Batman'89 sets but likely others too?)

Anyway I ordered this from Big W this morning and it's been shipped (free) already, due Tuesday.
    And yes, the more expensive and exclusive lego sets are usually sold online only.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Also, I think the RRP is going to go up to $289 with the August price rises, so get one now at the lower price if you can (although usual Lego 20% off will make it ~$231).
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

As another option, ToysRUs have it for $259.99 with $7.95 shipping. TRU packaging is not great (they put one 8" Sealed Air pillow inside and the cartons can be oversized, allowing for item movement, which might damage heavier items) and the price is nothing special, so only buy if it goes on sale. However, from time to time their toys/Lego get impressively discounted and be the cheapest anywhere.

Still trying to get it from BigW but nothing.

And I dont want to give up on it as I have permission from the Minister of Home Affairs/Finance to purchase

Ordered from Kmart for $249 this morning.
    Last edited by valkyrie_76; 31st July 2022 at 11:03 AM.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Now available at David Jones for $289 (wait for a 20% off sale).

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I might need some Lego fans to back me up on this, but I've seen Target, Kmart and Big W all list the higher-end collector-targeted Lego sets like this on their websites but never actually have them in store.

(Seen this with Star Wars and Batman'89 sets but likely others too?)

Anyway I ordered this from Big W this morning and it's been shipped (free) already, due Tuesday.
    For the most part yes, but you do occasionally see one on a shelf.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

As christalcase predicted above, RRP went up to $279.99 on Aug 1st (Lego and ToysRUs went to $279.99). Kmart is selling currently at $225 with free shipping, which I bought. It said $225 on a search page but $249 on the item page, which then changed to $225 when I entered my postcode.

Other options are appearing at other toy/Lego retailers now e.g. Toyworld $279.99, Bricks to the World $279.95, Amazon AU $276.58, so it doesn't seem hard to find.
    Last edited by Skyfire; 2nd August 2022 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    As another option, ToysRUs have it for $259.99 with $7.95 shipping. TRU packaging is not great (they put one 8" Sealed Air pillow inside and the cartons can be oversized, allowing for item movement, which might damage heavier items) and the price is nothing special, so only buy if it goes on sale. However, from time to time their toys/Lego get impressively discounted and be the cheapest anywhere.
    As noted already, the TRU price is now $279.99... but they have an "introductory price" of just $279.00... a saving of 99cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    As christalcase predicted above, RRP went up to $279.99 on Aug 1st (Lego and ToysRUs went to $279.99). Kmart is selling currently at $225 with free shipping, which I bought. It said $225 on a search page but $249 on the item page, which then changed to $225 when I entered my postcode.

Other options are appearing at other toy/Lego retailers now e.g. Toyworld $279.99, Bricks to the World $279.95, Amazon AU $276.58, so it doesn't seem hard to find.
    I wonder when Kmart was selling it for $225 because when I ordered, it was $249.

Valkyrie's SDF:

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    I wonder when Kmart was selling it for $225 because when I ordered, it was $249.
    It happened 1 or 2 days after you bought it. And Perth stock sold out online sometime yesterday. Sorry v76.